Forum "Guidelines",re,"Haiti" and other "controvercial topics"!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Forum "Guidelines",re,"Haiti" and other "controvercial topics"!

This is NOT the place to post links to "Left/Right Wing" sites to substanciate personal political views! We don't care what the United States/Canadian/French/English,or ANY other Government "SUPPOSEDLY" thinks about Dominican Republic Related afairs! What happens in Haiti does have repercussions in the DR.What your personal "Left/Right" Wing website has to say about it doesn't!
The "tactic" of re-posting post from DR 1 to these sights to draw more of your supporters here to promote your agenda will not be allowed on this moderators watch!
There are enough "political" web sites,on all sides of all issues available for you,don't try to politicize DR1!
That is why I deleted the "Border Is Closed" "soapbox",and will continue to delete all posts reflecting peoples personal political agendas about World Politics."Curve Balls" thrown in an attempt to "Dominicanize" issues will not be "Swung" at! Cris Colon MODERATOR

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Criss,
I TOTALLY accept your comments re personal attacks being unacceptable behaviour. I ALSO accept that passing on of Left/Right wing links for PERSONAL gain, is contrary to principles of DR1. BUT ........ we are ALL (well, nearly all) grown up people who have brains in our heads & can determine which threads we wish to read & those we wish to ignore (Done that to MANY of yours!!). "Curved Balls" are a fact of life & we must learn to deal with them. Learning to deal with them on DR1 might well help us to recognise them & DEAL with them in the BIG BAD World outside DR1!!!

If we learn to deal with them, we might actually score a first base, 2 base hit or even the MIGHTY Home Run!!! If we strike out, well OK, we (hopefully) learn & move on to the next pitch or the next innings!!

Why not allow the thread to start, let the responses take the shape they want & THEN move it to a new BallPark if not acceptable on yours? The Border is Closed was turning into more of a debate .... why not move it to Debates forum? Those who have an interest to continue the "DEBATE" would be able to do so, & those who consider it a waste of time, could do as I do .... IGNORE IT!! Actually, I do find those threads quite enlightening in one way,.... I find out whose OTHER posts to look into, who to treat as sane or insane & who to just downright ignore!!

The responsed that are abusive or make personal attacks, could then be "deleted" with the posters name left intact plus your comments as to WHY the deletion was made. WE (& hopefully the posters) would soon get the message & most would try to refrain from posting in that manner - then we ALL learn how to be contributors to the whole rather than being "Outsiders to the Human race"!!!

Just a thought for your highness' consideration!! - Grahame.

CES

Jan 1, 2002
3000 plus reads

Philipp said:
This board is being censored

My linking of DR1 to other websites was not an attempt to politicalize this site. I had two clear reasons to link DR1 to the "outside world"; use as a source of first person news and give DR1 exposure to some "new blood".

I'm just guessing here, the owners of DR1 do not appreciate the hundreds of hits that I generated by my efforts . . .

. . . CES
:alien:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
CES said:
I'm just guessing here, the owners of DR1 do not appreciate the hundreds of hits that I generated by my efforts . . .

. . . CES

Hundreds of hits, be more specific....

CES

Jan 1, 2002
Ok

Robert said:
Hundreds of hits, be more specific....

Hi Robert:

When I first linked DR1 to my favorite Lefty website I noticed a quick bump in the number of reads on the thread "The Boarder is Closed", and this happened more than once. I would post late at nite, (2:00 to 4:00AM your time) and always see the bump. The website that I'm referring too has registered 20,000+ members and claims "35,674,319 page views since 27 December 2000". During daytime hours the site is running 300 to 800 guests and visitors combined, late nite around 100 combined. Some of the members from the Lefty site have visited the DR.

Pretty good exposure . . . ? ? ?

. . . CES

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
To be quite honest I don't think that censorship should be even in the options at hand within these forums, I think we're old enough to muster our own ideas and follow on trails that others may regard as a waste of time, nevertheless a good and healthy discussion is food for the brain, we shouldn't be on the business of auto-censorship but free expression, after all that's something the DR lacks in many aspects be it political or social, we shouldn't reflect those things that still mar a wonderful country instead rise up to the challenges some posted comments contributed by the DR1 members provide, if the deletion of those posts the moderators have taken upon themselves of censoring continues, then I'll be force to express my gratitude to other DR1 members and part ways, sadly enough we have to face censorship in everyday life, forum's opinions shouldn't be on that list at all if ever.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
We'll Toto I guess were not in the Good U S of A any more. . . .

Criss go ahead, Since this is not a US forum and obviously not in support of freedom of speach (which it can choose to be or not) that is fine. This is a private board, you can do what ever you want, delete this post, that would be a start,

"DONE"! MODERATOR

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
There is no censorship on DR1!

This is a for profit business that provides a service. If the owners or his assistants decide to remove something from here it is not censorship. Censorship is when your right of expression is infringed. You have no right to free expression here. You have the privilige.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
so, let's not pretend we can have a debate and search for the truth here.

This board is the great opiate of the masses, no disagreement, nothing upsetting.

-Lee

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Welcome to the "General - Open" forum.
Criss is the boss, learn to live with him.
If you have issues, we have plenty of other forums for you to post in.

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Now I Get It

Tony C said:
There is no censorship on DR1!

This is a for profit business that provides a service. If the owners or his assistants decide to remove something from here it is not censorship. Censorship is when your right of expression is infringed. You have no right to free expression here. You have the privilige.

Kind of like working for Enron, is it? Our writing is just bait to lure tourists onto the board, to get people to pay for ads and exposure. If we decide to withdraw our services, DR1 will be reduced to a game board. And you are totally shameless in allowing mysogyny and racism to appear in any thread.

Apr 26, 2002
Gabriela said:
And you are totally shameless in allowing mysogyny and racism to appear in any thread.

And having a forum about the DR without mysogyny and racism would be like having a forum about Italy without mentioning pasta.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Gabriela said:
Kind of like working for Enron, is it? Our writing is just bait to lure tourists onto the board, to get people to pay for ads and exposure. If we decide to withdraw our services, DR1 will be reduced to a game board. And you are totally shameless in allowing mysogyny and racism to appear in any thread.

Hahahaha, go for it.

Would you like some links to other sites?

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
And having a forum about the DR without mysogyny and racism would be like having a forum about Italy without mentioning pasta.

Equating mysogny and racism with pasta. Now there's a rocket scientist for you.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
actually, Haiti might be planed to be used as a jump off point to put the "end game"

Pressure on Cuba. We might find that the rebel leaders made promises to US policy on CUba to be given the reigns of the country. Your don't have to fix an election if you have control of the media, you just need to make clear that, yes there will be an election, but you will have the aid of the US to push your campaign. Mybe I'm just being a paranoid schizophrenic but only time will tell. :)

The US should put an end to these silly abduction claims by just letting aristeede make a public comment. I mean duhh, it's so obvious it's rediculous.

-Lee