Wher can I buy a charter flight ticket from DR to Regina or Saskatoon, Canada??

Audreyc

Mar 1, 2004
I`ve been trying so hard to find the way to buy a charter flight ticket to Regina or Saskatoon, from any port in Dominican Republic. My dates are flexible.
Some people told me is the cheapest way to go.
What company sells those tickets here in DR ?? Because I`ve called several local travel agencies and they said they`re not allowed to sell charters flights from here .

Thank you for your help. Audrey :bunny:
:squareeye

Audreyc

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Are You Sure There are ANY?

Audreyc said:
I`ve been trying so hard to find the way to buy a charter flight ticket to Regina or Saskatoon, from any port in Dominican Republic. My dates are flexible. Some people told me is the cheapest way to go.
What company sells those tickets here in DR ?? Because I`ve called several local travel agencies and they said they`re not allowed to sell charters flights from here .

First step is to see if there are any from Regina/Saskatoon TO the DR and then find out the carrier and tour company selling the seats and contact them in Canada. (you can also get an idea of the return dates).

I haven't heard of anyone flying non stop anyway from or to Regina but there was another person posting here maybe 6 months ago stuck in the DR and he finally got a one way seat on an unsold charter from POP to Toronto, so anything is possible. They "should" be willing and able to sell at the airport the day of the flight but that is a crapshoot as you have to check every day and worse yet, be ready to go every day.

All the charters are traditionally sold FROM Canada to the DR not the other way around so you are at the mercy of the carrier (Skyservice and AT would be it really) and open seats.

You are far better off looking for a scheduled flight connecting in Toronto and even that's no picnic price-wise since the big US based airlines probably won't sell them - unless there is an airline with a relationship to Air Canada. So you may have to go DR - Toronto - Regina or DR - Newark - Minneapolis - Regina, etc., on say, AA or CO, and/or AC or Westjet. Northwest serves Regina via Minneapolis, so maybe that is the best route - aren't CO and NW allied somehow?

A quick look at www.belairtravel.com shows only charters to Mexico from Regina now. Anyhoo, here's the airport's link http://www.yqr.ca/flights.htm - regrettably they show only one Mexico charter and only Skyservice serving YQR, and Skyservice's web site shows NO Winter flights to anywhere in the DR (from Regina that is).

So you better buy a ticket on a shceduled carrier. If you aren't coming back you might be able to buy a round trip for less than one way and not use the return part.

Are you stuck there?

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Try this...

bob saunders said:
I would look in to flying into calgary instead. Air Transat

I have checked regularly on the price of flights from Puerto Plata to Toronto on www.selloffvacations.com. The cheapest flight from POP to TO that I have seen recently was around $550.00 CDN. There are two options on selloffvacations.com - charter and non-charter. Check both. If you are not sure how to book these flights from within the D.R., I would recommend contacting one of the Guest Service Reps. at one of the A.I.'s to help you out. You do not have to be a guest at the resort for the person to help you. Call up and ask to speak to them, if they can help you, you can go to the resort and they will assist you. A tip is all that is required (well it's not required but you definitely should). It is not necessary to use one of these reps, but it will definitely make things easier if you do not speak any Spanish or do not know any any local travel agencies.

Winnipegger

Oct 17, 2003
selloffvacations.com and sunseekers.ca sell charter flights from Saskatoon and Regina via signature vacations using Skyservice and Westjet. The last flight from Sask and Regina is March 9th

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Are you living in the DR and want to go home? Do you still have the return portion of your ticket? How did you get there in the first place?
When I lived there I made sure I made friends with the tour company rep (Air Transat was the easiest) and then would contact her and let her know when I wanted to go home and she would keep an eye out for me and when a seat became vacant- she would let me know and away I went (for cheap - I might add). Things, I am guessing, have changed but maybe it could be an option. The worst they could say is no.
There are charters out of Winnipeg that connect in Toronto now - could be an option if Calgary wasn't available.
I know last week snowgirl was able to find a seat when she changed her travel plans from one week to two so possibly the charter out of Winnipeg wasn't that full.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
if you still wanna know................

If you are still wondering, your probably not, but you can get there right from SAskatoon and Regina every saturday with Air Canada Vacations via Toronto, the connector fare to Toronto is only $48. What a steal.