More Swedes and Germans to the DR???

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Here is something that might start a healthy and lengthy thread, I hope it will.

What type of expats would you like to see in the DR in the next few years. You know, a group of people that will add some extra spice to the stock of expats that already exists on the island. Maybe from Finland? Sweden? or Maybe all of you expats would like some italian flavor added to the mix, Israeli? Hungarian? Russian? or Maybe more Americans? Canadians? Argentinians?

If you have pictured a particular group of person you would like to see more of in the DR, then reply to my thread. This should be very interesting.

Raf

Jan 12, 2004
Belgians !

I could make you the best "french" :bored: fries on the world :cool: :cool:

Raf ( :p from Belgium :p )

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
More central and eastern Eurpeans...

More Slovaks (my nationality), Czechs, Hungarians, Yugoslavians would be interesting. I wonder how many there are already.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Americans

Americans..............They spread there money around like no other Country!

Tip the best and spend the best.....I'm Canadian and we are cheap sons of Bit....

radekcaba

Dec 3, 2002
Chris_NJ said:
More Slovaks (my nationality), Czechs, Hungarians, Yugoslavians would be interesting. I wonder how many there are already.
Thanks for compliment! I'm from Czech rep. and hope to be down there maybe next year. See you :cool:

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
well. If the weather we have had the las 5 months on the northcoast continues, I'l guess that people will move out of, and not inn to the country

El Belga

Feb 17, 2004
www.betranslated.com
Sorry, I am the best "french fries" chef ! ;)

Raf said:
I could make you the best "french" :bored: fries on the world :cool: :cool:

Raf ( :p from Belgium :p )

Hi Raf,

I'm from Belgium as well (Southern part, French speaking) and live in Santiago. I thought I was the only one from our "sunny" country on this board.

By the way, where are you living ?

To answer the thread I would appreciate a little more French presence (not toom much, please) in Santiago in order to have French restaurants here in town

El Belga

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Even though I started this thread, I did not said which ones I prefer to see more of in my land. To tell the truth, anyone with either:

A) Lots of Money to Spend in the Local Economy
B) Someone with alot of ambition and a good business plan
C) Someone that's looking to outsource jobs to the DR

In short, anyone that would be a plus for the Dominican Republic. A person that would contribute handsomely to the Dominican Republic rather than draining whatever "system" exist already. Keep the replies rolling!!