SEMANA SANTA VACATION (april 2 to 12)

ISAACJOAQUIN

Mar 2, 2004
I am headed to DR with a couple of my friends....
If anybody could give me some advice, as to hotels or places to go for three 25-year-old males.
I was looking at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace, but I am not sure if thats the right atmosphere to party and relax.
Any opinions are welcome
Thank you in advance.
Isaac

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Generally Speaking.........

ISAACJOAQUIN said:
If anybody could give me some advice, as to hotels or places to go for three 25-year-old males.
I was looking at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace, but I am not sure if thats the right atmosphere to party and relax.
Any opinions are welcome
Thank you in advance.
Isaac

Semana Santa is VERY crowded in all the hotels and resorts, particularly with Dominicans who save the $$ up and then spring on an AI holiday for themselves. If you don't mind crowds and in some cases limited activities at the AI's, ( they just have so many people to look after they often curtail some of the normally included things) then go. It will be very very crowded on the beaches and everywhere else and as such, some tourists, particualrly those for the first time, find it off-putting.

I go to the DR 5-8 times a year and avoid Semana Santa, not arriving until Good Friday at the earliest as it all ends around 6 p.m. on Easter Sunday.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
All the girls go home!

ISAACJOAQUIN said:
Any opinions are welcome
Thank you in advance.
Isaac

For Semana Santa,so it is hard to get laid!!! Cris Colon

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Good point

Criss Colon said:
For Semana Santa,so it is hard to get laid!!! Cris Colon

Hard to find a girl at all on the days they have the big meals etc.

Quamilus

Mar 20, 2002
Really ?

Im a little confused. How could the girls have gone home if it is so crowded during this time? Not being sarcastic but it would seem that there would be more girls especially in places like Boca Chica. However , my experience is limited because in all 5 times I have visited I have never been during the "Holy Week". in addition. in the DR how hard can it really be to get laid ??. no disrespect intended. just being honest.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Limited is Not Really the Word For It

Quamilus said:
Im a little confused. How could the girls have gone home if it is so crowded during this time? Not being sarcastic but it would seem that there would be more girls especially in places like Boca Chica. However , my experience is limited because in all 5 times I have visited I have never been during the "Holy Week". in addition. in the DR how hard can it really be to get laid ??. no disrespect intended. just being honest.

Non-existent might better describe your on site, Semana Santa experience. The families are all there in droves, mama, papa, and the girlies. Not a good setup. Go during SS, report back once you have actual knowledge to impart.

Quamilus

Mar 20, 2002
Calm yor nerves man.

Listen. there is no need to be insultive. I acknowledged that I had not visited during that time of the year with the hopes that someone such as yourself would be willing to provide some clarification to a sincere inquiry. I appreciate your wealth of knowledge but please. refrain from your sarcastic tone. We want information not a bunch of wisecracking Canuck remarks. If the scene is like you mentioned I would feel more comfortable bringing along family members. In previous post some people hinted that Calle Duarte was "worse" with regards to prostitution and other, shall we say other "societal ills" of the DR. One story tends to contradict the other. your title implies that you are very famliar with Boca Chica during this time of year so your nonsarcastic contribution would very much be appreciated.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
It All Depends

Quamilus said:
Listen. there is no need to be insultive. blah...blah..blah...[snipped]..... very much be appreciated.

If you are staying in an AI what town is like any time of the year is moot because you can stay in the resort and not see it.

If you want general advice don't travel to the DR during Semana Santa if you can avoid it so you can have more peace and quiet that you'd likely experience other times of the year. You can party but you wouldn't have to put up with hordes of people covering every square inch of the place.

As for AI's I avoid them like the plague and as for having "wild" times including partying with local girls you aren't getting them past the front gate of the resort at all.

Be clear what you want but if it's to get wild with women of ill repute, AI hotels are out, and Semana Santa the entire week would be a drag. Go the week after and stay in a decent tourist class hotel that allows, ahem...guests. I can't tell if you want a wild time or if you want to avoid it - the 3 25 year old guys partying sounds like you do.

What city is the Viva Wyndham etc., resort in anyway? It's a big country and unless the name of the resort contains the city it could be anywhere. If you were going to POP for example, you'd probably have more fun with the guys at the Blackbeard's Adult Resort (in which case the other family members better be pretty open minded). In Punta Cana, there's not much other than the AI's. Boca Chica you can have fun and not spend a lot.

P.S. If I truly wanted to be "insultive" I'd have said "insultive" is not a word. "Insulting" is though. The post was more insolent than insulting. I admit that.

Last edited:

Quamilus

Mar 20, 2002
A little help.

I am no match for your swift wit.You are right. Insultive is not a word. Next time i will type while sober. listen. You seem to be someone who can offer solid facts and help me make a decesion. Is Boca Chica the same as usual during the holy week or not. I appreciate the loud music and interaction with the locals. however I am a sinner and I would not want to be derailed from the good times I usually have while in Boca Chica if I were travelling alone or with some of my young freinds 25-27. in your opinion should a single male make the trip during this time?

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
I'll Type Slower

Quamilus said:
I am no match for your swift wit.You are right. Insultive is not a word. Next time i will type while sober. listen. You seem to be someone who can offer solid facts and help me make a decesion. Is Boca Chica the same as usual during the holy week or not. I appreciate the loud music and interaction with the locals. however I am a sinner and I would not want to be derailed from the good times I usually have while in Boca Chica if I were travelling alone or with some of my young freinds 25-27. in your opinion should a single male make the trip during this time?

Don't
go
to
Boca Chica
during
Semana Santa
if
you can
avoid
it.
Go
the