• Thread starter TiberiusMineola
  • Start date

Gas & Diesel shortage - POP - 2mar04

T

TiberiusMineola

There is a severe [?] fuel shortage in POP today, 2mar04. All stations are out of diesel fuel; most are out of gasoline. The 1 station that appeared to have fuel - Shell @ the Baseball Stadium - had 30 - 40 cars & trucks waiting. The Texco in Imbert stilll had fuel, @ 3:00 PM. Suggestion to Robert: should DR1 have a constant 'Living' thread devoted to fuel shortages; readers can advise each other of suspected or actual problems. I fear that the Gringos are last to learn of these problems. It could be similar to the 'Exchange Rate" thread, only probably more sporadic. Food for thought?? Thank you.

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
NO juice

In POP the Isla station near Tropical super market had gas this afternoon at 1pm and no line..Big line at 5pm at the Shell across from the stadium for diesel

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
why would there be a shortage now?

IMF loan installment released, peso semi-stabalized, new shipment os petrol recently arrived, what is happening now?

-Lee

pati

Feb 3, 2004
There's a shortage at some South Eastern locations too. A couple of service station owners told my husband when they finish their current diesel supply they will not be purchasing more diesel. Something about a protest.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
When the IMF money came in I knew we would be back in the same situation again a few weeks later. Most of the money was used to pay interest on other loans and to pay for shipments of fuel waiting outside the harbours. This money is now gone and new shipments need payments. We are right back where we started. It will get worse later this month when more loan payments are due. This government lives day by day, sort of like an alcoholic on the street. Stealing a little here, begging a little there.