The Best Music for a DR Vacation

Chi-Town

Jan 9, 2004
We're headed back (sooner than we expected)... Wanted to share some beautiful music that has added to our vacations. I love every song on this album... It's such a wonderfully produced, and good listen. Every song is great, and in their own unique style. Check out their site http://www.seekmusic.net to hear for yourself. I would say this music is for music lovers. Not genre specific. But in case you need a cd for the plane or a long road trip taking in the views. Do it listening to Seek, you won't be disappointed. The whole thing's wonderful, and the album's one that we'll be listening to for years!

The album is called "Journey Into Day".

Karrie057

Mar 2, 2004
Thanks for the great tip...

Wow, I see why you recommended this album. It is quite relaxing and during the late nights or when I?m on the beach this is perfect. I've never heard of Seek, but I'll go see them play when I'm back in Cali. I?ve been a DR1 viewer for 2 months now and I really appreciate all of the good travel tips and advise from the members. We?re leaving for SD in 8 days, staying at The Occidental El Embajador and then headed to La Romana (Casa De Campo) and I feel so prepared because of this message board. I can't wait to explore outside of the resorts, I?ll provide a trip report when we return. Thanks Again :)

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Chi-Town,

The owe me the cost of a pair of new computer speakers.
After listening to that "Elevator Music" you recomended I pulled out my .45 and blasted them them to bits then dusted my old Jimmy Castor Bunch LP's and tried to erase that wuss music from my head.

May the Spirit of Joey Ramone scratch all you CDs

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I was trying to sound like a high school kid, never heard that expression Tony?

Represent, represent, while holding my fingers up in some sort of gang sign...

They are representing the Dominican Republic in a very good way.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Talldrink said:
I was trying to sound like a high school kid, never heard that expression Tony?

Represent, represent, while holding my fingers up in some sort of gang sign...

They are representing the Dominican Republic in a very good way.

Sorry! I don't speak Ghetto/Chopo! Wink-Wink!

Big T representing my's peoples! Shouting out to my peeps..."The power Elite"!

That music still sucks though!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Tony C said:
Big T representing my's peoples! Shouting out to my peeps..."The power Elite"!

You actually sound like you know what you are saying by the above statement, makes me think you may be more ghetto than you want to appear.

If the music is not to your taste... Keep it movin' We really dont care if YOU like it or not.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Talldrink said:
You actually sound like you know what you are saying by the above statement, makes me think you may be more ghetto than you want to appear.

If the music is not to your taste... Keep it movin' We really dont care if YOU like it or not.

Sweetipie, Honey, Toots,
I know you do care.
This thread was started by somebody claiming that the music referred to was the best music to listen to while in the DR. I was just pointing out that I found the music to be pure psuedo-Jazz-Funk-pop drivel Music for the masses who want to think that they are cool.

BTW Don't you know that Ghetto is just a Marketing tool?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
hollywood north said:
Oh Tony you are sooo right!
Act ghetto, dress ghetto, be ghetto. And just what is the appeal?

Gabba Gabba Hey!
Somewhere in another plane. Joey and DeeDee are kicking the crap out of each other in between chourus of "we're a happy family"

Pinheads Unite!

Chi-Town

Jan 9, 2004
SEEK music for your DR vacation

Hey, I recommended this soothing musica for relaxing. It's smooth, soulful, and sensual with rhythm. I said nothing about it being the dance theme to a rock and roll party. Relax, open your mind, and explore it.

www.seekmusic.net

QUALITYGUY1

Mar 24, 2003
What I want to know is...when I visit the DR this April, what CD's (atists? etc.) should I buy to bring back home? I would like a mixture...slow and mellow to fast and furious. I would appreciate some "ayuda"! :smoke:

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Chi-Town said:
Relax, open your mind, and explore it.

I am. It is. I did!
Still Sucks!

Soothing, relaxing music of quality is out there. Check out some nice Brazilian Jazz or Bossa Novas. How about some Paquito or Sandoval(un Comunista arrepentido but still good)? Heck I even prefer some Old Buffet(70's stuff)!