Travel to Caberete from Santo Domingo

kyakguy

Mar 3, 2004
I am looking for travel from the airport in SD to Cabarete. Any suggestions on the best way to get there? I have heard bus, charter plane and taxi. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Transport to Cabarete

A taxi would be the easiest and the most expensive. I would guess approx. $100 US or more. (3 1/2 to 4 hours)
You can grab a cab to the Caribe Tour bus terminal in Santo Domingo for approx. $20 US, then the bus to Sosua for 5 or 6 bucks and a public car to Cabarete for pocket change. ( 6 to 7 hours)
I don't think you can charter a plane right at the Santo Domingo airport. I believe you would have to first make your way by taxi to the Herera airport in the North Eastern part of the city, then try to charter one from there. I would guess that the expense and time to do this makes it prohibitive.
Marco.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Options: Taxi, Cab; Hired Car; or possibly an axi-tay

kyakguy said:
I am looking for travel from the airport in SD to Cabarete. Any suggestions on the best way to get there? I have heard bus, charter plane and taxi. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Unless you are really hard up for $ plus have a lot of time and want to experience the whole notion of rough travel, the cab to the city , bus to Sosua and a cab to Cabarete etc., is such a crummy way to start the trip, just take a cab, with a firmly set price. How's your Spanish? If weak, write it down, have driver initial.

Plus it's a cool drive , you see a lot, you can stop to pee etc., as required and take photos and generally enjoy the trip. Don't forget to arrange several days before you leave Cabarete, a driver to go back.

Flying to POP in the future or even STI might be a better idea.

The charter/internal flight is as much time and hassle as a bus I'd bet and frankly, who'd take the risk? Not me.