Nurses

roxie

Feb 14, 2004
Hola!

What is the need for nurses in Santo Domingo? This could be in hospitals, clinics or privately. If anybody is a doctor, nurse, or has any knowledge about it, it would be greatly appreciated. :classic:

Thanks.
Rox.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Unfortunately it is zero, zip, nada......

Nursing as a profession is very very low on the health service totem pole.

With countable exceptions they are bed mates, phone answerers, bedpan disposal people, injection givers and gofers that live under doctors that are godlike reincarnations of the Almighty Himself.

Our university was the first to offer a college degree in nursing. We had to close it down for a lack of candidates. At that time there were over 5000 requests for nurses from the States, that we could not fill. AMAZING, huh?

I'd rather be a garbageman than a nurse here...

HB

MikeKO

Apr 12, 2002
Sort of amazing. Is nobody there aware of the 401b visa's for jobs in the US? I hope I used the right number!

Mike

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dominican "Nurses" are not really NURSES!

They are not qualifed to work as nurses in the US,or any other place for that matter! As Hillbilly says,they are just "Gofers"!They don't have the basic idea of sterile technique,or "anything" else!
Watching them work has given me a renewed faith in Gods knowledge! Even though the nurses spend day and night contaminating their patients,thanks to God's design,few get infected!
No one will pay what a REAL Nurse would demand! Doctors here work for as little as 300 US dollars a month,and nurse earn 200 US!MOst Doctors and Nurses work at two or more hospitals! Don't think of coming here and making enough to live on! Cris Colon

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Makes me wonder about people who go to the Dr for surgery; have they taken this into consideration? Something to think about...

MikeKO

Apr 12, 2002
Criss,
If you read carefully my post was in regards to a degree plan that would have created competent nurses, and a comment on the lack of participation in a way out of the DR into the US.

Mike