Exchange houses which accept checks

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Hi,

Which exchange houses/banks around the country are currently cashing checks? I only have Banco Santa Cruz in Santiago and would like to find one more. Vimenca/Western Union here no longer accepts checks in Santiago.

Does RUSA in POP accept checks? Eurobank in Sosua? the bank next to Eddy's ? Progresso Bank ? Casa de Cambio Herbon en Bavaro?

I ask, because if one of these does, I can try them in Santiago as well.

Thanks,

Adrian

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I know of three places in POP that accept checks, but only with proper introduction from a customer.

RUSA

Polanco Brothers

A man who runs a cambio "on the side."

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Scott: yes please!

When are you next in town? I'll be able to come to Sosua on the weekend of 20/21 March if you'll be around. Naturally it'll be my honor to treat you to a nice meal.

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
I have to tell you that Escott is one hell of a guy! He said that your dates are good except you get a lower rate on the weekends but he will be more than happy to get it done for you and his new cell number is 223-1178.

Last edited:
El Viejo said:
I have to tell you that Escott is one hell of a guy! He said that your dates are good except you get a lower rate on the weekends but he will be more than happy to get it done for you and his new cell number is 223-1178.
I didn't know that people knows when the dollar exchange is going to be higher. :ermm: learning something new everyday. :rambo:
I better save his phone number so when I go to Santiago on the next month I can get some good rates. :laugh: