Dominican Men, good looking, but good boyfriends????

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel2fire

Mar 7, 2004
HI, this is my first time posting, I have a few questions about domincan men?

5 months ago I fell in love with a guy, yes he happenes to be dominican, butlives in the US, for the first few months it was great, he called all the time, always wanted to see me, but then he told me that I was his girlfriend and the honeymoon was over he started calling at his leisure, never asked to see me anymore, I dont get it???? I have asked around and he is telling everyone he is going to marry me and have children by me, but yet he treats me like property, not like a person. I am american and dont understand this at all. When we are out I hear him on the phone with his friends telling them "im with my white girlfriend"? Does he just keep me around as a status thing?? HE goes out all the time with his friends, yet never invites me, I have met 1 of his male friends and that was just to get his approval, the friend walked away asking where did he find a girlfriend llike me and where could he get himself one? I have never been treated like this before, its his way or no way? Is this common in there culture, or do I just have a bad dominican?

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Yes, it's a definite culture clash you're experiencing here. You've got yourself a muy macho and apparently, he thinks you are an idiot, or just American.

If you want to be his woman, you better start rolling with the punches. If not, baby, kick him to the curb!

Ai ai ai!

angel2fire

Mar 7, 2004
I think I am clouded by his good looks, I dont have to deal with his machoistic behavior, he acts like a caveman. When we go out he struts and grins if he sees other guys checking me out, always has a hand somewhere on me, he only likes me to wear short skirts, I get my hair dyed blonde(I have for years before I met him), I recently talked about having them dye my hair back to my natural light brown hair and he flipped, saying how he hated brown hair. I am a smart girl, I am getting my education at an ivy league and dont understand why I fell for him? Is this something that he will get over and behave or is this permantly ingrained? I have met his grandmother and she is only spanish speaking, but seems to really like me, she has said that I will make beautiful grandchildren for me, does she like me cause I will be educated and a good breeder? Or maybe it is that one day I will bring in a very very good salary?

When a dominican guy says you are his "girlfriend" is that like marriage?

Dec 9, 2002
Just think about this carefully - if you were going out with an american guy and he did the same, what would you do? Put up with it just because he's good looking? I don't think so. Have you talked to him about it? If so, what explanation did he give you? If no, why not? How come in 5 months you have only met one of his friends and his grandmother?

Ask yourself these questions and answer them honestly. I think you will probably draw your own conclusions.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think I am clouded by his good looks, I dont have to deal with his machoistic behavior, he acts like a caveman.

So tell me again why you like this guy.

I am a smart girl, I am getting my education at an ivy league and dont understand why I fell for him?
Are you? Check your self esteem. No guy should treat you like that no matter what country he's from or how good looking he is.

Is this something that he will get over and behave or is this permantly ingrained?
He is what he is. I don't think he'll change

I have met his grandmother and she is only spanish speaking, but seems to really like me, she has said that I will make beautiful grandchildren for me, does she like me cause I will be educated and a good breeder? Or maybe it is that one day I will bring in a very very good salary?

Who the heck cares what they think. The big question is. Is this what you want for your life?

Sometimes I want to hang my head down in shame for all women that can't or won't do what is right for them. :cry:

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
No No No No.......Why are you even still with him?

I don't think it's a Dominican thing. Honey your guy is an a$$hole. I know plenty of Dominican men here in Miami. They aren't like that. The macho thing is an over all latin guy thing. You know, saying how you are his. But the other stuff "His white girlfriend" I mean come on what are you thinking? Don't let him get away with this crap just cause he's good looking. Get rid of this loser.

Mis dos centavos.

Minni

angel2fire

Mar 7, 2004
Thank you to all of you, I did not realize how stupid I was until now, once I wrote it all down I cant believe that I sound like someone pothetic that gets treated like crap by some guy, I vowed that would never happenen to me, well it did and let me tell you I have learned a more valuable lesson, he is gone.

By the way if he was american there is no way in hell he would get away with this, the reason he did was because he kept telling me that is was his culture, I cant believe I was so stupid.

Mar 21, 2002
I guess its too late for you. You're trapped. Your heart is caught in a web which intellect will never remedy. Te tendio un gancho. He set a trap and he knows he has you in his clutches. Unsuspecting to you, you are now his prey caught in his grip. Can you release yourself? Play the same game back to him. Be willing to let him know you are not trapped. This guy is very astute and cruel. If you play his game and you're not genuine he'll catch onto it. Is part of his allure this evil deed he's done. Be honest to yourself. Is it a dominican thing? i believe its a human condition which is prevalent overwhelmingly in the DR but DR women are not so easily fooled and are doing worse things nowadays back to their men.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
First of all!!

angel2fire said:
HI, this is my first time posting, I have a few questions about domincan men?

5 months ago I fell in love with a guy, yes he happenes to be dominican, butlives in the US, for the first few months it was great, he called all the time, always wanted to see me, but then he told me that I was his girlfriend and the honeymoon was over he started calling at his leisure, never asked to see me anymore, I dont get it???? I have asked around and he is telling everyone he is going to marry me and have children by me, but yet he treats me like property, not like a person. I am american and dont understand this at all. When we are out I hear him on the phone with his friends telling them "im with my white girlfriend"? Does he just keep me around as a status thing?? HE goes out all the time with his friends, yet never invites me, I have met 1 of his male friends and that was just to get his approval, the friend walked away asking where did he find a girlfriend llike me and where could he get himself one? I have never been treated like this before, its his way or no way? Is this common in there culture, or do I just have a bad dominican?
How old are you??. Please tell me that you are under 15 because someone that is immature would not know that this guy is an jack ax. It's not a dominican thing to be taken for a ride. If you allow him to walk all over you, guess what darling, that makes you worse than him because you are allowing it. I am not saying that you are a bad person but you should know that this character is playing with you. You are basically saying that you would allow anybody to treat you like shi* just because they are hansome. If after only 5 months the guy is teling you what to wear and what color of hair to have, honey you got yourself a "winner" and I can not wait for you to post in 5 more months telling us that you signed your life to him. After 5 months he is already dominating you, in 5 more you will need his permission to even get a shower. And don't forget that soon he will prohibit you to have friends and eventually he will prohibit you to even speak to your own family. Then again this will only happen if you let him and so far you are letting him do it because he is CUTE, I guess the only cute guy that you have ever seen. Honey if you have any self-steam whatsoever, kick him to the curb. Forget that he is cute because in the long run, what he will do to you will not be CUTE at all.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ivy league education, my a$$. This girl has fallen for a low life like the rest of the bimbos we read about here on DR1.
hahahaha, he tells his friends that he is out with his "white" girlfriend. He must be a low class black dominican (as opposed to a classy black educated domincian from santo domingo or santiago), to be so proud of his white girlfriend. She puts up with him because he is muscular, hip hop looks and dances like a pro. He is makes love like an animal and treats her like trash. Perfect ingredients for white trash women to fall for a guy of his class.
I bet he doesn't own a car. he works for about 8-10 k pesos / month. Don't tell me he works in a resort or for some tour operating agency? Sounds familiar? It seems foreigners are destined to end up with dominican trash.
The reason why she is with him is because he acts like the male that she is not used to seeing in USA. In USA the men are molded into acting like little sissies. They respect women as if they were sacred human beings. yet the women are educated to treat men like dirt. Men and women have no contact in USA, anywhere ex: gym, discos, bars, universities etc. Men and women act like equals and have confused their roles. Women dress up like construction workers and talk like them sometimes. They use foul language like men and act and walk like them. You hardly see any women who are feminine enough by latin standard. Men act like gentlemen from the old movies when they are on a date with a girl. They are so afraid to talk to a girl that they become frozen. No wonder alot of americans males have no idea how to pick up a decent girl, let alone talk to one.
So now comes this fit, muscular dancing black sankie who come to her face and "tells" her to be with him (note: not "ask"). He dances with her and then tells her to meet him at night at some point. He treats her like another bimbo that he has been dating in the resort. She can't believe that there are men in this world who have balls to talk to a girl and tell her what to do and push her around. She falls for him and he is proud to be seen with a white girl among his chopo friends.
The girl feels like a princess being taken around like a trophy in his area. She can't get enough of the attention that she is getting and the brute sex that she had never experienced before. Finally a man who acts like a man (may it be a caveman's behavior, but non-the-less, a dominent figure).
Folks, this is nothing new. We read stories like these on weekly basis. Funny how every girl thinks that there is a chance that her man is different, loyal, faithful, decent, non sankie etc etc. They will never learn.
AZB.

angel2fire

Mar 7, 2004
AZB said:
Ivy league education, my a$$. This girl has fallen for a low life like the rest of the bimbos we read about here on DR1.
hahahaha, he tells his friends that he is out with his "white" girlfriend. He must be a low class black dominican (as opposed to a classy black educated domincian from santo domingo or santiago), to be so proud of his white girlfriend. She puts up with him because he is muscular, hip hop looks and dances like a pro. He is makes love like an animal and treats her like trash. Perfect ingredients for white trash women to fall for a guy of his class.
I bet he doesn't own a car. he works for about 8-10 k pesos / month. Don't tell me he works in a resort or for some tour operating agency? Sounds familiar? It seems foreigners are destined to end up with dominican trash.
The reason why she is with him is because he acts like the male that she is not used to seeing in USA. In USA the men are molded into acting like little sissies. They respect women as if they were sacred human beings. yet the women are educated to treat mfjen like dirt. Men and women have no contact in USA, anywhere ex: gym, discos, bars, universities etc. Men and women act like equals and have confused their roles. Women dress up like construction workers and talk like them sometimes. They use foul language like men and act and walk like them. You hardly see any women who are feminine enough by latin standard. Men act like gentlemen from the old movies when they are on a date with a girl. They are so afraid to talk to a girl that they become frozen. No wonder alot of americans males have no idea how to pick up a decent girl, let alone talk to one.
So now comes this fit, muscular dancing black sankie who come to her face and "tells" her to be with him (note: not "ask"). He dances with her and then tells her to meet him at night at some point. He treats her like another bimbo that he has been dating in the resort. She can't believe that there are men in this world who have balls to talk to a girl and tell her what to do and push her around. She falls for him and he is proud to be seen with a white girl among his chopo friends.
The girl feels like a princess being taken around like a trophy in his area. She can't get enough of the attention that she is getting and the brute sex that she had never experienced before. Finally a man who acts like a man (may it be a caveman's behavior, but non-the-less, a dominent figure).
Folks, this is nothing new. We read stories like these on weekly basis. Funny how every girl thinks that there is a chance that her man is different, loyal, faithful, decent, non sankie etc etc. They will never learn.
AZB.

Hi AZB,
I will admit I made a mistake by dating him, but what can I say, I am allowed to make 1 mistake, besides I have learned a very valuable lesson, I should stay withing my own circle of smart, rich, white preppy boys.
First thing, I wouldn't know if the sex was great, I am not sleeping with him? I made a vow when I was 13 to stay pure until marriage, but I guess you have never heard of someone staying a virgin until they get married? Considering you assume I am sleeping with him, you have been around the block a few times?
If you had actully read what I wrote you would know he lives in the US, he has since he was 3, he does not work at a resort, I met him through a friend, I am not a bimbo, I doubt you are getting a harvard education? Or wait do you already have one? He is not black, are you? I think it is highly racist that you think, just because he is from the D.R. that he is black? He has a beautiful olive complexion. I am not a "constrution worker like girl" I am a girly girl, not only am I blonde, petite and preppy, someone to be proud of, I am very intelligent, I will be a doctor in 3 years with a harvard degree what are you? I have never been to the D.R. I am sorry if you have been dumped by a domincan guy for some cute blond coed, but please be polite and dont take it out on me.

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
angel2fire said:
I am very intelligent...

You could have fooled me!

You should read what you have been saying and think of it as a girlfriend talking to you. What advice would you give her?

This guy is treating you like crap and your allowing it, why?

Alternativly you could hold out (virginity) and he will eventually dump you anyway...

angel2fire

Mar 7, 2004
Robert said:
You could have fooled me!

You should read what you have been saying and think of it as a girlfriend talking to you. What advice would you give her?

This guy is treating you like crap and your allowing it, why?

Alternativly you could hold out (virginity) and he will eventually dump you anyway...

I hardly think someone saying that I was a bimbo and white trash is giving me advice, I said nothing wrong to AZB to warrant an attack on my moral character, I did not know that my domicican would have turned out like this, in the beginning he was so sweet and loving, etc.. I am a very sweet caring person, I thought we had a loving relationship, but well like I already said, things changed and I learned my lesson, why do you question me being intelligent? Also I am the one that dumped him, I dont get dumped, I dont feel like you have to have sex with a guy for him to love you? I bring more important things to a relationship than sex.

Arve

Oct 13, 2002
angel2fire said:
I hardly think someone saying that I was a bimbo and white trash is giving me advice, I said nothing wrong to AZB to warrant an attack on my moral character, I did not know that my domicican would have turned out like this, in the beginning he was so sweet and loving, etc.. I am a very sweet caring person, I thought we had a loving relationship, but well like I already said, things changed and I learned my lesson, why do you question me being intelligent? Also I am the one that dumped him, I dont get dumped, I dont feel like you have to have sex with a guy for him to love you? I bring more important things to a relationship than sex.

....like????? :)

Ermm...... Sort of not taking the piss here, I'm just wondering and I have
to ask..... :)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
angel2fire said:

When did I ever call you a bimbo or white trash?
If you have issues with AZB, that's not my problem.

I thought we had a loving relationship...
You know what thought did? She didn't do anything, she just thought she did :)

Maybe intelligence is the wrong term. How about common sense or street smarts?

Seriously...

I have zero doubts your loving, sweet, caring, a virgin and way too hot to get dumped. Just brining your virginity into a relationship is more than most men could ever ask for. I sincerely hope what your looking for finds you!

Dun, dun ,dun, another one bites the dust?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
:confused: If you already dumped him why are we discussing this? I'm sure you didn't dump him yesturday after you read people's opinions right ? Or even after you read how, shall we say "silly" it all sounded.

Going to be a long month. I can feel it.

Klugla

Feb 9, 2004
angel2fire said:
I think I am clouded by his good looks, I dont have to deal with his machoistic behavior, he acts like a caveman. When we go out he struts and grins if he sees other guys checking me out, always has a hand somewhere on me, he only likes me to wear short skirts, I get my hair dyed blonde(I have for years before I met him), I recently talked about having them dye my hair back to my natural light brown hair and he flipped, saying how he hated brown hair. I am a smart girl, I am getting my education at an ivy league and dont understand why I fell for him? Is this something that he will get over and behave or is this permantly ingrained? I have met his grandmother and she is only spanish speaking, but seems to really like me, she has said that I will make beautiful grandchildren for me, does she like me cause I will be educated and a good breeder? Or maybe it is that one day I will bring in a very very good salary?

When a dominican guy says you are his "girlfriend" is that like marriage?

Take it from one who has dated, married, divorced Dominican men and in addition has many male cousins who are Dominican - RUN while you still can. Not to say all Dominican men are going to think of you as property and never respect you enough but I have found that 99.9% will treat you like property and will not respect you either. You say you are smart, so heed warning, RUN!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
First of all, I am not a woman, I am man and I am don't claim to be a virgin like many claim to be.
Your story was so similar to so many bimbos here that I assumed you were a sankie lover. I never read the whole post (or posts).
Now if this guy has been living in USA since the age of 5 then he is not really your typical dominican. Since you have never been to dominican republic, then I don't see what you really want from us?
Please post a picture of him in his hip hop gangster atire and you would know what I was talking about. He doesn't sound like an Ivy league graduate to me, more like a rapper wanna be.
Now you said you will be graduating from Harvard in 3 years????
My A$$$$. If Harvard is accepting people of your caliber than I should be a professor there.
have a nice day.
AZB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Say what????

Klugla said:
Take it from one who has dated, married, divorced Dominican men and in addition has many male cousins who are Dominican - RUN while you still can. Not to say all Dominican men are going to think of you as property and never respect you enough but I have found that 99.9% will treat you like property and will not respect you either. You say you are smart, so heed warning, RUN!
Since you know that 99.9% of dominicans would treat you as their property, then why do you keep or kept manking that same mistake of dating, marrying and divorcing dominican men. You should have learned your lesson with the first. So if they are so bad, just why did you kept coming back for more. Respect is earned. If you let anybody walk all over you from the beginning, trust me darling that that person WILL treat you the same way all the time. My brother was the biggest "machista" that I have ever seen (dominican but raised in NY), and you know what, about 15 years ago he started dating this great girl and it bothered me the way that he would treat her. I told him may times that he would lose such a great girl. He did not listen to me and then I spoke to her and told her exactly what to do in order for him to respect her. I told her to MAKE him respect her and to think that he was not better than her and to dump his axx and to give him a little piece of his own medicine. Care to know what happened?, she did exactly what I told her and demanted respect and when he did not wanted to give it to her, she dumped his axx. And guess what, he started looking for her and gave her the respect that she DEMANDED and 15 years and 2 kids later, my brother is now the most respected men that I know. They have the perfect marriage. Treats her like a queen. Now they are living a life of luxury traveling to the DR at least monthly to take care of their many businesses. My point is: A person that you are dating is treating you bad, dump his/her axx. There are more fish on the sea. Don't tell me that he/she is treating you bad, just do something about it. If you take all the abuse, guess what?, you are worse than the person abusing you. Think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.