Place around sosua

zx7jimbo

Feb 25, 2004
I am going to be in DR on sunday march 14th and I am going ot be looking at places to rent to live in next winter in/near sosua. I was also thinking of looking at places in other towns. Got any recommendations for places to visit. I was going to look at Las Terranas... I dunno, what is near sosua really cause I am bad with remember names of towns etc...

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
zx7jimbo said:
No worries people... I'll just drive around until I find something... I guess.

Las Terrenas is in Samana, 4 or 5 hours from Sos?a.

I may be mistaken but haven't you been visiting the DR for 5 years?

Your best bet is to drive around and see what area you want to be in, based on your budget, of course.

Good luck!

zx7jimbo

Feb 25, 2004
Nelly said:
Las Terrenas is in Samana, 4 or 5 hours from Sos?a.

I may be mistaken but haven't you been visiting the DR for 5 years?

Your best bet is to drive around and see what area you want to be in, based on your budget, of course.

Good luck!

Yeah but like I said, I am terrible with names... plus I love to drink... therefore I am sh*t faced the whole time so I forget where we went.. haha. But yeah, thanks, I am going to go there for sure.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Funny you said that jimbo, I was just going to post saying that due to a probable overindulgence of Presidentes and Brugal, was why you couldn't remember anything!!!!
But just remember - in another thread of yours you stated "I don't drink and drive" so be careful driving around the island this time! Of course, maybe a couple to take the edge off while dodging cows and potholes!!!
Plus, keep a good head on your shoulders while looking out for a place to live, if you are having too much of a good time, you may get shafted, at least stay sober for the apartment hunting!!! LOL
Personally, if you are going to start that little training course we discussed, you should probably be in a more central area than Samana - easier for your "unsuspecting" trainees to come and visit you!!!
And what was with all this snow and todays temp of -20! Yuch!!!!!!!
Marlie

zx7jimbo

Feb 25, 2004
Marlie, I said "I never drink and RIDE"... riding motorcycles that is. BUt yeah, always very careful.

ANd you are right a more centralized location would be more appropriate but I just wanna look at the options before settling.

How did you konw it is f&*king freezing today? Wait a minute... are you in winnipeg? Nice.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Ride, Drive whatever!!!!!

No, I am in Nestor Falls, On (south of Kenora) but you Manitobans keep sending your crappy weather this way !!!!!!! Joking, of course!!
You are right, there is a whole country to explore, better to do it before you settle down in one place. I never moved from POP area except brief stints in Cofresi (BTW - stop in at Chris & Madys restaurant in Cofresi - Chris is originally from Winnipeg, married to a wonderful Dominican woman and their daughter is currently in U of M) and Costambar. Travelled to Samana for a weekend getaway, went to Santo Domingo a few times for a night here and there - mostly when I had a craving for Burger King (when it was the only one on the island - now I am dating myself) and some culture. Sosua back then had way too many French Canadians living there ( oh, am I going to get flamed for that one!!) so it didn't interest me, and Cabarete was too much of a windsurfer hang-out which doesn't interest me. After reading so many of these posts, I realized how much of the island I actually didn't explore and wish I had. Oh well, back in god's country now!!
Good luck and have a few Presidentes for me next week!!
Marlie

zx7jimbo

Feb 25, 2004
Yeah, I went to chris and mady's one year I was down. THey are awesome people. Good food too. I still laugh at the sign up that says "non-smoking section" and shows and exit sign. haha. I think Samana is the place I haven't been, a few of my friends (couples) went there when we were down in January, but I was too busy drinking with my single buddies in sosua. *blushes*. I'm not too big on Cabarete myself, spent a few weeks there in the past, and its exactly that, too many kiteboarders (windsurfing is dead, btw) one of my buddies is big into kiteboarding so we humoured him and stayed there a while. Clubs were ok. Too much bullshit there, not enough places to just sit and have a beer or 15 and its way too windy on the beach. Went to Santo Domingo once and then spent a few days in Boca Chica... lots of trouble to get into there so I try to avoid that place.

I'll definately ahve a few for ya. I prefere the Anejo. haha

James

zx7jimbo

Feb 25, 2004
Doesn't get much better... now, if only I could find a way to bring back more than the pathetic 40 oz everything will be good.

James

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
check out shark bar

have you been to the ny shark bar in sosua.Those americans love to party and they are all from NY.Lou and the other owners know how to party.Check em out stalll 66 on the beach in sosua.