Who should leonel pick?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
The PLD is the only party that still doesn't have a running mate for Leonel. Who, in your opinion, should be Leonel pick as vice-president candidate and why?

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
Unless he could pick up Eduardo Estrella, I doubt that any selection will help him much as far as getting more votes on election day.

Perhaps the best course would be to make sure the person he selects will not cause him to lose votes and go for the person who can either best help him set up a new government or is capable of carrying on his work and getting reelected after his term of office.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I dont think it matters much.
His VP candidate wont add anything to his popularity this far out.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
What if it could be Hatuey Decamps? That would be an interesting situation - perhaps garnering hard-core PRDista votes. Do you think, Suarez, that Hatuey would turn PLD? I'm thinking you'll say no.

I hope it's not Medina. He's so blah and has the 'loser' connotation to him.

Jaime David? Too safe. Jacinto Peynado? Too 'way out of left field.'

I wish it could be HB.
Then he could get us all some cool stuff. I'm joking.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
My choice is: Dominguez Brito: Well educated just like Leonel.. :laugh: :squareeye

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Jane J. said:
What if it could be Hatuey Decamps? That would be an interesting situation - perhaps garnering hard-core PRDista votes. Do you think, Suarez, that Hatuey would turn PLD? I'm thinking you'll say no.
[/sub]

Sorry to meddle jane, but I dont think it would be a smart move for HD to line up with Leonel. I personally think Hatuey is another PRD crook, but he has been the only one who has maintained a firm stand since the beginning and to turn and pact with another would just kill him politically.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Thanks Jane.
One thing I found of interest last week was Hipolito's visit to Carlos Morales Troncoso. Later this week, CMT told the press that Hipolito went to request their support(in exchange for...?) and that they (Peynado's group) had no answer to that at the moment. Man, Hipolito has played everyone like a fiddle, he led the people to believe that Eduardo was a PPH candidate for the Reformist balot and now it turns he was dealing with the other side all along. I only hope this helps Eduardo atleast distance himself from the PPH and get a second place. I wanna see Hipolito Humiliated and defeated in the last place.
Aparently Peynado's group is disbanding and joining Estrella fast. I dont know if they smell complete defeat of the PRD and want to join the second runner or if Godforbid, Peynado's health has deteriorated and are looking for redemption inside the PRSC. It'll be interesting to see what happens there in the next few weeks.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Interesting insight, samiam.

But I wonder why the PLD is waiting so long - do you think they know who they're going to choose?

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I dont know why they are waiting so long. After all, the party gave Leonel powers to choose whomever he wanted. I were Leopnel, and I would have chosen my VP aboput a week or two ago, give the impression of complete confidence and unity from within.

Now, the longer he waits the more speculation it arouses. People will start to ask why is he waiting so long? If the candidate he chooses does not have charisma as time passes and expectations grow, the damage could be worse than if he had chosen that candidate weeks ago when that subject was not as important and the expectations where alot less.