La Romana To Santo Domingo/Boca Chica

DC_papi

Jan 7, 2004
Can any one suggest how I can get to Boca Chica or Santo Domingo from La Romana? What would be the cost? I'm flying into La Romana from Washington, DC on the 17th March.
Thank you

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Easiest Not Cheapest

DC_papi said:
Can any one suggest how I can get to Boca Chica or Santo Domingo from La Romana? What would be the cost? I'm flying into La Romana from Washington, DC on the 17th March.
Thank you

Posted taxi fares Boca Chica to La Romana are US$75. With haggling maybe $45 to 60 or so. Another $20- $30 to the capital, I suppose you could haggle the whole trip to the capital for $65- $75 or so or less, try a few drivers, they will bargain. Write it down when you agree.

Gua-guas via San Pedro are an option but not very highly recommended unless money is truly a big issue (and time is not) . And I am not sure if the Higuey - SD bus stops anywhere but it would be a true fluke to connect with that anyway.

Your main problem is, unlike SD to the North (Santiago, POP, etc.) you don't have Metro or Caribe with scheduled buses.

Another option is to find a gaggle of AI arrivals maybe staying at the Hamaca and get on their bus (or bribe the driver if the bus is not full) - I am not sure they count to see if there's too many vs. too few. Of course you could be the one they think makes up 100%, they leave and the last real passenger is standing there bus-less.

Last edited: