Cabo Cabron

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
didn't really want to bring this up because it won't be good press, but it will be in the press tmrrw so let's deal with it. you and i who live there know that it's a very safe area so let's deal with it. extranjero was murdered on cabo cabron recently. he went missing for 11 days i was told and his body was found yesterday and brought to las galeras this morning/last nite. what's the scoop there guys? first of all, the idiot was stupid to go there alone which makes me suspect some sort of drup drop-off though the locals are talking as though he were a geologist or acheologist of some sort. any idea?

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
Where is Cabo Cabron? City? Street?
I would like to know just avoid any popular know drug areas.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
TEHAMA said:
Where is Cabo Cabron? City? Street?
I would like to know just avoid any popular know drug areas.

It is one of the two capes at the very end of the Samana Peninsula. Not a place you are likely to go unless you had some specific reason. (Cabo Samana is the other cape.)

pati

Feb 3, 2004
Who was Extranjero? Was he important politically or an important person in the business community?

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
It Remains to Be Seen ...

...whether the death of this "foreigner" will be reported in the press.
I presume many a murder goes unreported in this country.
Especially cases when tourism could be affected or police officers are caught red-handed ...
M?frog

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It was carried by Hoy and El Nacional today. The reports said he was a German tourist who had left his hire car in Playa Rincon and disappeared.

Chiri

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
Rincon Death

was told that last nite police took out a local in town of rincon whom they thought to be involved in this murder. shot and killed him. don't know more than that or if he was even the killer.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
That crime was probably commited by one of those no good dominicanyorks that were born in the DR (unfortunately), then moved to NY with a good heart, as time goes on they mix with the wrong crowd, do stupid stuff in the U.S. and get caught. Then they are deported to DR and they do the same here. All those deported (due to drugs or murder cases in the U.S.) should simply get the death penalty instead of letting them free. People like that only creates trouble. They should get the death penalty being an embarrasment to the country and as such could be branded as traitors to the image of the country and it's people abroad.