36 Dominican businessmen taken hostage

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,8954723^1702,00.html
Australian news is reporting that Hatian rebels have taken 36 Dominican
business men hostage, seeking to exchange them for an imprisoned Hatian.
The rebels have threatened to kill their captives unless Dominican authorities release Ramon Garcia a Dominican customs official and John Robert,arrested earlier for killing two Dominican soldiers in Febuary.
Terry.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'll take a "Wait and SEE" on this one!

Maybe the "Ausees" are ahead of the curve due to the time difference,but I have checked several international news services without finding anything about this! Cris Colon

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Where di you say you got the news, Terry? From the Alien Clones?

I checked the google news website http://news.google.com/ and did a search for Dominican hostages and hostages in Haiti and got no news reports re hostage taking by Haitians.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
OH GOD! HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THIS HAITI MIGRANE!

http://www.elcaribecdn.com.do/

The rebels in pierret have taken 36 Dominican drivers and those that came to do their business as usual in the Haitian country, they demand the release of a man arrested for the killing of the two Dominican Soldiers in Dajabon "John Robert", they had told Dominican authorities that they'll kill them if they don't comply with the order to release the man.

------------------------------------------------------------

I just spoke to my uncle in DR who's an high ranking officer in the Marina de Guerra, and he told me there's a huge movement of Dominican special forces both in land and sea, and a possible intervention of Dominican Military into Haiti is all but in the works...

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Just now several operations are under way in Pierret by Dominican Special Forces, the Hostages have been located and the rebels are under survelliance of Dominican Forces, a top Dominican General is talking to the rebels to release all hostages...

Last edited:

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
Ken said:
Where di you say you got the news, Terry? From the Alien Clones?

I checked the google news website http://news.google.com/ and did a search for Dominican hostages and hostages in Haiti and got no news reports re hostage taking by Haitians.
There is a report on the kidnapping in todays Hoy.They are saying that 12 Dominicans were taking hostage.
BTY is was Google that I got the story from.I didn't think to confirm the story with Hipolito(Alien Clone).
Terry.

Dominican Tony

Feb 16, 2004
Dominican Hostages Released

The Dominican hostages were released earlier today in exchange for the Haitian leader of the rebels in that region of Haiti being questioned by the Dominican Authorities, alot of Dominicans are not pleased by the way this was handled.
It's a big shame to see this happen and worst to see the Dominican Armed Forces exchanging a man suspected of killing two Dominican soldiers on the border line a couple of weeks ago. The Dominican hostages, regardless would've been liberated sooner or later because the Dominican Armed Forces had penetrated Haitian territory late last night. I really hope the Haitian rebels don't use this opportunity to kidnap more Dominicans for other favors, seen the ease they had at getting their way with yesterday's incident.
And then us Dominicans are asked why we can't get along with Haitians, my question is the solution should start from that side of the island because incidents like these will only create more friction among the two countries, especially the D.R. which can only hold back so long.

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
This must be a joke

If the Dominican authorities really did release the Hatian leader I would be shocked beyond belief. Are these guys stupid or what? First rule of hostage negotiating, NEVER, under any circumstances, give into the kidnappers demands allowing them to achieve their objectives. Doing so only increases their appetite to pull the same stunts in the future because they now know that it works! ISOLATE and CONTAIN. Locate them, surround them and wait them out until either they surrender or you have to take them by force because they are harming the hostages. Chances are, they will not harm the hostages because once they are surrounded, the hostages are all they have to keep themselves alive. Even if things get screwed up and hostages get hurt/killed, at least the kidnappers and other potential kidnappers will know that pulling similar stunts in the future is completely pointless. As a result, you are saving future lives. If these idiots really did give in and release this person, look for the same situation to occur again. Nice going dummies!

Larry

Ayiciano

Dec 17, 2003
You're kidding!

Larry said:
If the Dominican authorities really did release the Hatian leader I would be shocked beyond belief. Are these guys stupid or what? First rule of hostage negotiating, NEVER, under any circumstances, give into the kidnappers demands allowing them to achieve their objectives. Doing so only increases their appetite to pull the same stunts in the future because they now know that it works! ISOLATE and CONTAIN. Locate them, surround them and wait them out until either they surrender or you have to take them by force because they are harming the hostages. Chances are, they will not harm the hostages because once they are surrounded, the hostages are all they have to keep themselves alive. Even if things get screwed up and hostages get hurt/killed, at least the kidnappers and other potential kidnappers will know that pulling similar stunts in the future is completely pointless. As a result, you are saving future lives. If these idiots really did give in and release this person, look for the same situation to occur again. Nice going dummies!

Larry

You seriously believe that the rebels would keep the hostages alive? These rebels are cold hearted killers. If they were surrounded, that would give them more of a reason to take out the hostages. I'm still wondering how these guys crossed the border from DR into Haiti with so much ease.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Ayiciano said:
You seriously believe that the rebels would keep the hostages alive? These rebels are cold hearted killers. If they were surrounded, that would give them more of a reason to take out the hostages. I'm still wondering how these guys crossed the border from DR into Haiti with so much ease.

Read my post again. That is the only way to deal with hostage negotiation. I don't care if the kidnappers are Hatian rebels or Mother Theresa.

Larry

Dominican Tony

Feb 16, 2004
Hlywud, it was 13 Dominicans, 10 held in Juana Mendez and 3 of which were all females, held in Fort Liberte (2 of these females were released as of today afternoon). Most of these 13 Dominicans are employees for Dominican companies that participate in the exchange market on the Haitian side of the border. They were captured in the Haitian side when the rebels found out their leader was arrested by the Dominican national police for further questioning on the two soldiers killed last month; How he got caught? he crossed the border friday morning to seek medical attention at a hospital in Dajabon, D.R.
I agree with you Larry and others, this action taken by the Dominican government left me really shocked. I'm more then sure there will be similar incidents in the future. This is nothing, you should see the tons of comments Dominicans have posted on our major newspaper websites regarding the way the authorities handled this situation........nobody is pleased, put that one on the map for another shameful action taken by hippo, who by the way has to make way for Leonel soon.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Just got off the phone with my uncle and he said they had all of the hostages were located and all rebels surrounded by Dominican commandos dropped in from several vessels along Haiti's coast, the Army made a build up to confuse the look-outs for the rebels at the border while the commandos took their targets by surprise and surrounded the area, after contact the commandos were told to abort because a top Dominican Official had agreed to release the man under arrest and recover the hostages in a safe point, the commandos were big time pi*** with the top brass, guess who the "top A**" was?

Dominican Tony

Feb 16, 2004
That's right Pichardo, i got the same news from my uncle and cousins in the armed forces down there (Cazadores de Monta?a).....Trust me, if they had the chance and they did, they would've taken military action.....but thanks to that somebody, we just handed over the rebel leader. Things should change for good starting with the current top authorities taking our country down hill in all aspects.
Much props to my cousins and friends in the special forces located down in my hometown San Jose de Las Matas (1er. Batallon de Comando)

Last edited:

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-3859875,00.html
When you open the link there is a reference to the kidnappings at the bottom of the page.
I like others don't understand why the Dominican goverment capitulated.
The hostages were exchanged for a guy that is implicated in killing two Dominican soldiers."The soldiers were killed at the border Feb 14 as Haitian ex soldiers living in exile in the Dominican Republic crossed the border to join the rebellion in Haiti"
You have to wonder if the Dominican goverment was involved in this "rebellion"
My view on this is that it was an American orchestrated coup. (and that debate belongs in another forum)But I cant help wondering what the payback would be to the Dominican goverment for there co-operation.
Leonel Fernandez is worried about fraud in the upcoming election, even though he commands a substantial lead in the polls.Hipolito on the other hand is running for a second term knowing that he is running last not only in the polls but also within his own party.
Is Hipolito that stupid or does he know something that we dont.
Terry.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Hippo is probably full of himself. He probably is thinking that because he "helped" the U.S. with Iraq that maybe the U.S. would look the other way as he tampers with the election results. It's either that or he's trying to become another Balaguer. Think about, if he wins (via fraud) in May, in four years he can do the samething. Then it repeats and repeats and repeats and then he will be blind and old and still runing for presidency based on fraud. I really don't know how a human being can be so STUPID and IGNORANT as this guy. Duarte was the father of the DR, Hippolito is more like the Anti-Christ. All hell has broken lose in the country ever since the change of Power came in August 2000.

Apr 26, 2002
Let me get this right. Dominican "commandos" entered Haiti, surrounded the hostage-takers and confronted them - all for the purpose of announcing that the hostage-takers demands had been met. What's wrong with this picture? Could it be that our northern Uncle called our beloved Hippo to say "don't do it, wouldn't look good at this junc-ture. Our boys will get 'em later for you"?

BTW, I don't necessarily disagree with paying the ransom. And screw national pride - always leads to uncessary bloodletting. It all depends on whether the result is likely to be more kidnappings. In this case, I doubt it.

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
Two in the Bush is better than one in the hand

Nal0whs said:
Hippo is probably full of himself. He probably is thinking that because he "helped" the U.S. with Iraq that maybe the U.S. would look the other way as he tampers with the election results. It's either that or he's trying to become another Balaguer. Think about, if he wins (via fraud) in May, in four years he can do the samething. Then it repeats and repeats and repeats and then he will be blind and old and still runing for presidency based on fraud. I really don't know how a human being can be so STUPID and IGNORANT as this guy. Duarte was the father of the DR, Hippolito is more like the Anti-Christ. All hell has broken lose in the country ever since the change of Power came in August 2000.
Sure Hippos a happy guy co-operate with the U.S. with Iraq, then do them a favour with Haiti.
Two for the Bush is better than one in the hand.
Terry.