Cocktails

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
In all the all inclusive hotels i have stayed in a long list of cocktails has been on the bar to choose from. Some of them nice, some not, but all of them damn alcoholic. Anyway i am having a party in 2 weeks and want to try and remember a few. The list tends to be split up into.......... WHISKY, GIN, VODKA, RUM, BRANDY etc.

Can anyone remember the ingredients? I remember lots of the names but not the drink proportions. Coco Loco, Mai Tai, Planters Punch, Daquiri, Banana Mama, Molato and so and so on.

Thanks

pati

Feb 3, 2004
I'm not a drinker so I don't know if drinks are made differently there but there's a website that has recipes for many popular drinks. www.thepartymix.com. Hope that helps.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
99% of guests will want

tired_boy said:
In all the all inclusive hotels i have stayed in a long list of cocktails has been on the bar to choose from. Some of them nice, some not, but all of them damn alcoholic. Anyway i am having a party in 2 weeks and want to try and remember a few. The list tends to be split up into.......... WHISKY, GIN, VODKA, RUM, BRANDY etc.

Can anyone remember the ingredients? I remember lots of the names but not the drink proportions. Coco Loco, Mai Tai, Planters Punch, Daquiri, Banana Mama, Molato and so and so on.

Thanks

Brugal or Barcelo and Coke or Presidente so don't over do it with all sorts of other booze. Hmm.. I am assuming this party is in the DR of course. There are many decent bar guidebooks ( Mr. Boston's is the one I have) that are handy to have behind the bar.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
ricktoronto said:
Hmm.. I am assuming this party is in the DR of course.

Unfortunately i am at home in the cold UK. I have tried to find somewhere over here that might sell Brugal, Barcelo or Presidente but my efforts have been in vain.
I am not in the DR again for 3 months so this party is just going to get us by until then. A couple of dominicans will be at my house and basically we will be dancing to Merengue all night and drinking but i was trying to get some cocktails together as well as my other ideas for the 'themed' night.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Too bad

tired_boy said:
Unfortunately i am at home in the cold UK. I have tried to find somewhere over here that might sell Brugal, Barcelo or Presidente but my efforts have been in vain.
I am not in the DR again for 3 months so this party is just going to get us by until then. A couple of dominicans will be at my house and basically we will be dancing to Merengue all night and drinking but i was trying to get some cocktails together as well as my other ideas for the 'themed' night.

The UK and no DR booze, how sad. Anyway there are a ton of good gudebooks and even little electrnic bartender guide things so just check at a good bookstore for one or presumably you can find and print loads from the internet.

I'm back in country on the 9th for 11 days so I'll hoist one to our Queen.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
tired_boy said:

Thanks

Aside from a Daiquiri. All you need to do is ask a GAY GUY for the recipes!
As for the Daiquiri there is only one recipe. If you are talking about A Strawberry, Bannana or any of the other wimpy/Fruity Daiquiri concoctions I suggest you again ask a GAY GUY.