Cdns in PPlata

suz

Mar 13, 2004
Any young Cdns living in PPlata? Going nuts not knowing anyone. My Spanish is limited so I'm feeling rather alone. Especially being a female alone, it's hard to trust people when I don't know what they are saying. Is there a place english people hang out? I 'm working, with my own place, so I'm settled, but feeling lonely. Any suggestions??

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Try "The Lodge" opposite Plaza Turisol (under the road junction lights) & I think you will find a few Brits & Americans that hang out there. In Coastamber, get along to Blackbeards on Tuesday nights for "Darts Night" might even find the odd Canuk there (come to think of it, nearly ALL the Canuks I know can be ODD!!!). - Grahame.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Now, now, now...

Grahame, that wasn't nice - okay, may be a bit true but do I fit into that category??????????
Marlie :cheeky:

T

TiberiusMineola

Canadians in POP?? Several

Try Chris' Restaurant; the owner is Chris Coates; his father, John, works there, & is @ a good deal of the time. Nice people. Helpful.
Try Sophie's B&B, Noel Gillen, 586 6411, gillen.n@codetel.net.do - vivacious, active, knows everybody. Difficult to find her B&B the 1st time.
Try "?" bar & restaurant, on Malecon, owned by 2 Canadians, Russ & Rob; nop sogn, I forgot the name, next to "Cheers". Usually active, hangout for many Candadians; the neighborhood & ambiance may be offensive, at 1st at least. "Borders" the red light district.
Try Black Beard's Hotel, etc., Costambar; the manager Dave is Canadian & very sociable. Persevere!! There are many Canadians here; most enjoy active & vared social lives.

onebadcanuck

Mar 19, 2004
Moving to DR

Hello canucks,
I'm planning to live the rest of my life in DR, but I know ZILCH about it (haven't been there yet).

So, where do I go looking for a place to claim as my new home? Santo Domingo, Punta Cana, Puerto Plata, others? Right now, these are only names to me!

Any help would be severely appreciated! ;)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
onebadcanuck said:
Hello canucks,
I'm planning to live the rest of my life in DR, but I know ZILCH about it (haven't been there yet).

So, where do I go looking for a place to claim as my new home? Santo Domingo, Punta Cana, Puerto Plata, others? Right now, these are only names to me!

Okay, I'll say it...SEARCH THE ARCHIVES!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
onebadcanuck said:
Hello canucks,

Hmmmmm. Normal response would be "CHECK THE ARCHIVES". Enter the key words "Moving to the DR", "Living in the DR", "Retirng to Paradise" or similar to get a whole LOAD of advice/information!!
You need to check this out by a visit or three first before planning to live here!! From the information you gleen off the archives, make a list of your worries, concerns etc & come check them out PERSONALLY!!!
Is the Dominican Republic somewhere you could LIVE???
Only YOU can decide if Punta Cana, Sto. Dgo. Puerto Plata or any of the other wonderful places in the country are best for YOU. We prefer Puerto Plata, AZB prefers Santiago, others wouldn't be seen outside Sto Dgo!!!

If you feel you want to drop me an e-mail outlining your circumstances, age, marital staus etc. I can give a bit of background information about Puerto Plata & the North Coast. Personally though, your first step MUST be to visit the island staying away from the All-Inclusive hotels so that you can get a "feel" for the country & it's inhabitants!! - Grahame.