Happy St. Patrick's Day

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone.

May the luck of the Irish be yours today.

Click here in case you are wondering what's it's about.

I love this quote by Sean O'casey:

Laughter is wine for the soul -- laugh soft, or loud and deep, tinged through with seriousness. Comedy and tragedy step through life together, arm in arm... Once we can laugh, we can live.

Last edited:

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Happy Saint Patrick's!!!

I love the Irish. The whiskey, the beer, the women. If it where not for the whiskey, they would rule the world!! :)

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Thanks, Anna
We are heading down for some "green" beers at the local pub after work to celebrate in style!!!!!
Do the bars in the DR serve green beer on St. Paddy's- I can't remember?
Marlie

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Happy St. Paddy's Day!!!

One of the happiest days of the year!

Even thought we have no Irish blood whatsoever...we have been celebrating this holiday since moving to the United States back in 1969!

Enjoy, everyone! :p

MQ

Tom Goodwin

Mar 17, 2004
What to do on St Paddy's Day

What to do? Where to go? A couple Peace Corps Vols. an I thought we would go to Coco's Restaurant, it is a British place in the colonial zone. No Guiness and no Stout but a couple British Beers. At least were in the right region. Any body know of anything better going on. Green Beer perhaps. President is green i guess.

Green-pride

Last edited:

Red_Girl

Mar 5, 2004
Happy St. Paddy's Day!!

Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone! Always a great party, with lots of laughter and green beer to go around!

In today's spirit, here's a joke:

An Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman each order a Guiness in a pub. Upon being served, each finds a fly in their beer. Repulsed, the Englishman sends his back. The Scotsman gently flicks the fly out of his mug and begins drinking. The Irishman carefully lifts the fly up by its wings and screams, "Spit it out! Spit it out!" :laugh:

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Red_Girl said:
The Irishman carefully lifts the fly up by its wings and screams, "Spit it out! Spit it out!" :laugh:

...i'm sorry, but you obviously didn't understand the joke. the scotsman would have to be the one to say that, otherwise it makes no sense whatsoever.....

....unless you, yourself are a paddy. in that case i would totally understand.

and while i am retaining things up my arse....since when was st. patrick's day a holiday?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
bochinche said:
... Since when was st. patrick's day a holiday?
Since when is Dia de la Alta Gracia a holiday? LOL. Relax! It ain't easy bein' green!

Tom aka XR Perplexity is the beginning of knowledge.

P.S.
Drinking green wine here at Xanadu today ... !!

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
It's not a holiday Bochinche

bochincheand while i am retaining things up my arse....since when was st. patrick's day a holiday?[/QUOTE said:
But it's a darn good day to leave the office early and go out drinking with friends.

Red_Girl

Mar 5, 2004
bochinche said:
...i'm sorry, but you obviously didn't understand the joke. the scotsman would have to be the one to say that, otherwise it makes no sense whatsoever.....

....unless you, yourself are a paddy. in that case i would totally understand.

and while i am retaining things up my arse....since when was st. patrick's day a holiday?

Actually, I understood the joke perfectly well - but you obviously need an explanation. The English guy won't drink the beer, the Scotsman was content to just remove the fly, and the Irishman will not only drink the beer after there's been a fly in it, but he is pissed that the fly drank some of his Guiness - hence, "Spit it out!".. Ha ha, get it? It was a lighthearted joke, Bochinche. No need to bust out the insults. Some people are so touchy.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I think what bochinche was trying to say was that the scotsman is supposed to be the cheap one therefore wanting the fly to give it up, but really, who cares! Good joke, Redgirl.
Hope everyone had a great time. I think all that green food colouring has taken its toll on my system today, and no, it had nothing to do with the amount of beer that had been added to it!!!!