Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do Dominicans Eat Fried Chicken?

I mean, I know I've seen a few fried chicken restaurants in ZC- I think even a KFC, but would it be uncommon for a family in the DR to fry up some chicken as a regular dish at dinner time in their home?

Or is it like Americans and Chinese food? You know how we'll visit Panda Express and order General Tso's and an egg roll but probably never ever cook it in our homes.

I'm just curious.

Smooches....Clip.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

i suppose they do, considering there are several recipes in Aunt Clara's Dominican Cooking. I tried one of the fried recipes last time I was down there. turned out very good.

http://www.dominicancooking.com/recipes/meats.htm

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClippedWing
    I mean, I know I've seen a few fried chicken restaurants in ZC- I think even a KFC, but would it be uncommon for a family in the DR to fry up some chicken as a regular dish at dinner time in their home?

Or is it like Americans and Chinese food? You know how we'll visit Panda Express and order General Tso's and an egg roll but probably never ever cook it in our homes.

I'm just curious.

Smooches....Clip.
    I remember when I was growing up in the DR and my parents w/ go out Friday evenings, cook will prepare chicharones de pollo (boneless fried chicken) for us kids, we used to be in our glory! Thinking back, I have to say that it was only served to us during those times we dined alone as a light dinner but it was never served as a regular meal in our household.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default In my house,run by and for Dominicans,we eat lots of chicken!

Stewed,mixed with rice(Locrio),baked(Holidays a must!),and fried too.Not batter dipped however! It is set aside to "Season" for a few hours,or overnight in the refrigerator with onions,garlic,peppers,corriander,etc,then fried in a fry pan in oil.There is a "Pica Pollo" (Fried chicken" store) on every corner in the DR.Plus carts along the streets!YES,they eat a lot of "Fried Chicken"! Only "Salami" is eaten more."Cris Colon

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

On my last visit to DR we had dinner at a friends house and his mother served fried chicken.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by ClippedWing

I'm just curious.

Smooches....Clip.
    WHO DOESN'T EAT FRIED CHICKEN??????????????

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mami

I think CW asked if dominicans cook fried chicken at home, or do they mostly eat it out.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default iT SOUNDS LIKE

Quote Originally Posted by Forbeca
    I think CW asked if dominicans cook fried chicken at home, or do they mostly eat it out.
    THAT'S LIKE ASKING ANYBODY IF THEY EAT PIZZA! DOESN'T EVERYBODY. OR JUST ABOUT EVERYBODY?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

THAT'S LIKE ASKING ANYBODY IF THEY EAT PIZZA! DOESN'T EVERYBODY. OR JUST ABOUT EVERYBODY?
    so, why are you shouting?

very classy indeed.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You missed my point. Please reread my post, it's very clear. Forbeca has the idea.

Smooches...Clip.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast