Bringing things to friends back in DR

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
To all the Dominicans...

Do you guys still bring things to friends back home? Do you still pay for the extra luggage case so that you can bring something to everyone in the family and all cousins and neighbors? If so, what do you bring?

This is a good ol' practice from 'back in the days' - I wonder if any of the Americanized Dominicans still do it...

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I'm not Dominican ..........

Talldrink said:
To all the Dominicans...

Do you guys still bring things to friends back home? Do you still pay for the extra luggage case so that you can bring something to everyone in the family and all cousins and neighbors? If so, what do you bring?

This is a good ol' practice from 'back in the days' - I wonder if any of the Americanized Dominicans still do it...

...but I bring all sorts of things to residents there that are difficult or expensive to buy in the DR: DVD's, Canadian candy (Coffee Crisp particularly), condoms, disposable razors, cosmetics, lingerie, perfume, occasionally computer parts, books in English, as long as it fits in carry-on I bring it down. On the way back it's Brugal and Leon Jimines cigars.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife takes back stationary, pens, pencils, staplers, childrens clothing, vitamins, advil, bandages, tylenal, and a whole suitcase of shoes for relatives. The list is too long to keep track of. She takes 3 suitcases and Jose takes 3, if I'm going and Travis then it's another 6, All our stuff could fit into 1 or 2 suitcases. Last time we took six suitcases full of baby clothing, paid $10 popina and they weren't even open. We said they were for the Salicianos.