Vacation Alone?

LaPinea

Mar 18, 2004
After reading a whole lot here, I found somethings that made me post. I was reading a thread about a dress code and then read another one about certain experiences in DR. After following some of the names, I see that many (looks like females) are married, yet, they are off on vacations alone and having a fine good time.

So this is my question, is it a common thing to go on vacation alone? Are the husbands and wives here ok with letting their mate go away alone and take the chance of these women coming back with a sankie and the men having orgies?

Is the feeling mutual when thinking that your mate is ok with you going away without him or her, does it ever occur to you that they may be happy you are going way because they are doing the same thing back home?

Is this not a sign of a shaky marriage?

Pinni

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
So this is my question, is it a common thing to go on vacation alone? Are the husbands and wives here ok with letting their mate go away alone and take the chance of these women coming back with a sankie and the men having orgies?

First of all welcome to DR1

What a huge genaral question.
Is it common to go on vacation alone?

Common to whom? Lots of people go on vacation alone. But aren't lonely;)

Are the husbands and wives here ok with letting their mate go away alone

What husbands and what wifes are we talking about?

take the chance of these women coming back with a sankie and the men having orgies?

If you read the legal section it isn't that easy to "come back" with anyone. And who are the men having orgies with? The sankies? Please explain.

Have you ever been to the DR?

Dec 9, 2002
LaPinea said:
Is this not a sign of a shaky marriage?Pinni
Why would you assume that if a huband or a wife go on holiday alone that their marriage is shaky?? :confused: There could be all sorts of reasons to go alone e.g. work commitments, illness, an "open" marriage, a chance to get some me time, the partner having no desire for a carribean holiday, etc. etc. It certainly doesn't automatically mean that a marriage is on the rocks.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The DR is a "Sex Tourist" destination!

For both sexes.The men far out number the women, for more reasons than we can discuss here,but they DO come.God bless them.Why shouldn't women be able to satisfy their sexual desires and fantasies just as men can?They do take the "Heat" here on DR1,but that is just from insecure men! To paraphrase "Rodney King,"Why can't we all just get what we want?"
Problem for women is that they may suffer from guilt if they are married and have sex with a dominican while here on vacation.In that area men seem more at ease.So to all you ladies from the "North",come on down and fulfill your erotic fantasies,just remember,"What plays here,stays here"! And stop criticizing the men for doing what you would do if you just had "THE BALLS"! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :rolleyes:

LaPinea

Mar 18, 2004
It was a general question, in my opinion, if you married, you are to take your vacation with your husband and with your wife. Why wouldnt you want to have your time off with your partner? If my husband wanted to go alone, I would be kind of suspicious.

I was solely speaking of voluntary vacations, not work related.

As for the first reply:

I didnt mean to bring the sankie back literally, I meant having a sankie adventure out there. Coming back with numbers, etc.

The husbands and wives I'm referring to are the ones who are ok to leave alone or the ones who are ok with their mate leaving.

Also, the question was posed for those who are married, if not married, then what is you opinion on the subject?

My view: I would rather experience paradise with my mate. If there is a need for someone to leave the country to have an affair, there is something much deeper going on - that IS a sign of a shaky marriage.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
LaPinea said:
The husbands and wives I'm referring to are the ones who are ok to leave alone or the ones who are ok with their mate leaving.

My view: I would rather experience paradise with my mate. If there is a need for someone to leave the country to have an affair, there is something much deeper going on - that IS a sign of a shaky marriage.

I'm married, and i wouldnt go on vacation without my mate...why? well not becuase lack of trust on either end, its just that we have more fun when we are together...not to say that i haven't gone out with my girlfriends on my own, we do, all the time, but at the end of the night i end up calling my hubby asking where he is or vice versa and we end up hanging out together, so its not a matter of trust, its more a matter of we ENJOY each others company.

Would my husband allow a vacation without him? or vice versa? i think in a marriage is not a thing of "ALLOWING", both persons are adults and shouldnt be asking PERMISSION, its more CONSIDERATION for ur partner and if something u do will bother them, or would u like it done to you.

DR is a place u go to for fun, depending on what type of fun ur after u should be fine with ur partner going on their own...if u dont trust ur partner, then its not about him going to DR, its about him going ANYWHERE, a man/woman will find sex wherever they go!!!

DRgirlatheart

Sep 20, 2003
Vacationing alone

Hi!

Just speaking for myself, I have travelled both with my husband and on my own. My husband is not extremely fond of travelling, but I am. Neither one of us feels that there is anything wrong with me doing something I enjoy, like travelling, just because he isn't into it. We trust each other, and there was no affair while I was down there, on either side. I spoke to my husband on the phone every day, just because we like to stay in touch even when we are not in the same city, and that helped keep us close.

Yes, there were handsome young men flirting with me while I was there. Yes, I enjoyed the attention. That's it, that's all.

As long as the trust is there and doesn't get broken by one of you doing something contrary to the promises you made before God, family and friends, I say why not?

Regards.

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
vacationing/travelling alone

One of my "rules of thumb" is to not judge other people. I don't have a particularly high opinion of the potential success of "open marriages" and such, but in the end, only the people involved can pass a final verdict.

My husband travels several times a year to conferences. Sometimes I go with him, and sometimes I do not. It usually has to do with economics and whether or not the place he is going to is of interest to me. Sometimes I almost perfer it if he goes alone, especially if he is travelling with other guys because the stories he brings back are priceless (the fart jokes, someone making an A** of themselves trying to pick up a particularly gorgeous woman etc.) Sometimes I just wish I were a fly on the wall for some of these things.

Last February, I had the opportunity to stay in the DR for a week on my own. It was myself and my husband and another couple for the first week, and then I stayed for another week on my own. I, of course, attracted the ubiquitous "sankie" and honestly found it more annoying than anything else. I was not interested in an "affair". I actually felt worse for him because I knew he wasn't going to get "anything out of me" in either a sexual or monetary nature. I kept telling him to go hit on someone else because he would have more "luck" but it didn't work out that way. I thought briefly about complaining about him to the hotel management, but thought better of it because I did not want to get him in trouble. He could lose his job.

I did have opportunity the observe, while I was alone, to see several women with "sankies". Contrary to the stereotype, they were not "faties". The sankies involved got more than money out of the proposition.

I also had the opportunity to observe some "prostitues" while they were with their "johns" and while they were not. They seemed to be equally happy at both times. I wouldn't say that these women are "unhappy" doing wht they are doing. My own personal concern would be that they are old enough to know what they are doing. At least in Cabarete, this seemed to be the case.

So much depends on the kind of relationship that one has worked out with one's spouse/partner. If it is open, then so what, if it is not, and they are sneaking around, then that is another thing. Trust is the issue.

Rose

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
Well, I'm on my 3rd trip to the DR, and I do go with my girlfriends. My husband doesn't like the heat, or beach, and he is a recovering alcoholic. So, he'd rather not go, as for taking the kids, I'd rather wait until they are old enough. Now, the first time I went away, I was separated, and had a blast, but now that we're together, I can still go on vacation, as he does with "the boys" for a week at a time too. We trust each other, and he likes my friends. As for extra activities while I'm away, yea, like stealing flags off a golf course while Im loaded. I do fun and crazy things with my friend Julie, but as for looking for a fling, I go away to get away from everything. I don't need a man nor a boy to make me feel good about myself. I have fun. Tha's all. And Scott can pretty much be assured that he'll be having a ball with Julie and I.

Budson

Mar 10, 2004
Vacationing Alone

I work for extended periods in the DR. On the weekends its is actually less expensive to go to the resorts than to stay in Santiago. So, from the casual observer, I am vacationing alone. I am sure that my situation is not unique, business traveller finding themselves in paridise over a weekend.....

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
LaPinea said:
After reading a whole lot here, I found somethings that made me post. I was reading a thread about a dress code and then read another one about certain experiences in DR. After following some of the names, I see that many (looks like females) are married, yet, they are off on vacations alone and having a fine good time.

Is the feeling mutual when thinking that your mate is ok with you going away without him or her, does it ever occur to you that they may be happy you are going way because they are doing the same thing back home?

Is this not a sign of a shaky marriage?

Pinni
What business would anyone elses marraige be of yours? Maybe you need to concentrate on your own life as it seems that you don't have one!

On that note, Kunky do NOT listen to this women. You will be fine in my hands. LOL

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
So You've Answered Your Own Question Then?

LaPinea said:

So don't go alone then and let other people live their own lives.

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
Now that I'm about to meet up with some of you folks, I can hardly wait. I've looked forward to this week FOR-EVER. The one most important thing in life that I dont do, is judge anyone. We all have our reasons for what goes on in our lives, and how can anyone judge anyone else. If you dont walk in their shoes, MAN you have no right. So, on that note, I will be "dressed up" I will act "younger" than my age, 38!!!! because I can, and I will go home with the best memories, of perhaps making friendships, learned lessons, and most importantly, having the time of my life. And, if anyone chooses to "judge me" you all know where you can go. Hey Scottie, 2 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeehawwwww!!!

Don Juancito

Jan 30, 2004
LaPinea said:
It was a general question, in my opinion, if you married, you are to take your vacation with your husband and with your wife. Why wouldnt you want to have your time off with your partner? If my husband wanted to go alone, I would be kind of suspicious.

I was solely speaking of voluntary vacations, not work related.

As for the first reply:

I didnt mean to bring the sankie back literally, I meant having a sankie adventure out there. Coming back with numbers, etc.

Also, the question was posed for those who are married, if not married, then what is you opinion on the subject?

Hey lapinea (female I assume),

I would be a bit concerned if your husband was headed to pattaya, thailand, although the food alone is justification to go. maybe he just needs "a change of scenary"

Don't worry, even if dominican girls are better lovers, there is only so much "ay papi, ay papi cono damelo" screaming into his ears that can be tolerated.

Either he will return home to you or retire in RD a deaf man.

On that note please don't worry about your husbands solo vacation in La RD

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Big deal? SO NO!

When I was married, of course there were vacations together. But there were times when the ex- couldn't get away, and because I used to be REEEEECH, it was fine if i wanted to go to Paris or Israel solo.

Is it just because it's the DR---with its unfortunate reputation?

Nobody knows what goes on inside a marriage or a relationship. Going on vacation separately doesn't mean it's on the rocks. Unless it is.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
And Jimmy Fallon finds a 12 year old thread. Looking at so many posters that left us in some way or another is kind of sad.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
And Jimmy Fallon finds a 12 year old thread.

Yes, and I gave Criss Colon a "like" for a 12-year old post without checking the date of the thread.

I was wondering what Escott and RickToronto were doing posting again...:eek::eek::eek: