Good dance clubs in Puerto plata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdebiasio

Mar 21, 2004
Travellin to Puerto Plata in a few weeks and staying at the Ramada Hacienda in Cofresi. It has a disco, but looking for others disco/clubs for dancing.
Any suggestions?

Dec 9, 2002
If you are talking about merengue/bachata then go to La Barrica - it is very loud and very dark, but the dancing is fabulous (not mine, everyone else's :cheeky: )

Or you could talk to any of the staff at your hotel and get them to recommend a carwash, or even better ask them to take you to one.

If you want somewhere that plays american/european music as well as dominican music then go to Crazy Moon Disco in the Paradise Hotel at Playa Dorada - you will meet locals (OK OK, so I know some of them will be sankies) as well as other tourists there.

rdebiasio

Mar 21, 2004
Thanks Dom. Babe - but please esplain...

Thanks for the info, La Barrica and the other hotel club, but what exactly is a carwash?
Sankies I assume are ho, ho, ho's...
This will be my first time back in almost 10 years, I'm sure things have changed a little!

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Carwash

It's exactly that. The only thing is that it's also like an open disco. They play music, people dance, have drinks etc. There's one in Puerto Plata called Ojilvis Carwash. It's pretty popular with the locals. I personally like going to El Orion. Great music and bigger dance floor than La Barrica, a little better lighting too. You could try La Canita I think it's another carwash. All those places are good for lots of dancing. Have a wonderful time and hope this has helped.
Minni

tondra

Dec 12, 2002
www.professionalsintouch.com
Get to know the hotel staff

When I visited, I got to know one of the women in the gift shop and mentioned that I wanted to experience a Dominican night club. So on Sat. night we took off for a club in Puerto Plata and had a great time. Yes, it was very dark, great dancers and I felt very safe. Just know that if someone offers to take you, know that you may be expected to pay their way. I didn't mind as I knew this might happen and I appreciated the "tour guide."

Have fun!

Tondra

Status
Not open for further replies.