Thinking about moving to Puerto Plata

ashleigh

Mar 22, 2004
Hi, my name is Ashleigh and i'm thinking about moving to the DR. I have lived in puerto plata before for 4 months and loved it. This time i would like to get a job and actully stay. I am interested in working with a tour company like singature, sunquest; as a destination rep. If anyone knows how i could go about in finding whos hiring that would be great. Also any other ideas on how to find work, apartments. etc.

Thanks

lilcanadiangal

Jan 23, 2004
Try this

Hey Ashleigh,

Try this website: http://www.popreport.com/MessageBoard/index.html

That message board is for the Puerto Plata area and similar questions have been asked many times. Search the archives and you may find some helpful information, or just ask your own question. You'll get the help you need from here or there, that's for sure!

lilcanadiangal :classic:

morenachica

Mar 27, 2004
Hey Girl

I used to live and work in Puerto Plata for 2 years. If you are interested in working for a tour company (HOTEL REP) you must apply here in Canada in order to get a job. The tour companies commence their hirings end of July early August...so it would be best to have you resume sent and at their offices by mid JULY. The season commences usually mid October for hotel rep jobs...otherwise if the season is still slow you maybe sent later for employment.

I was able to land my job with Signature Vacations while living and chilling down there. I wasnt a hotel rep but I was transfer rep. I was responsible for taking guests to and from hotels and airport on the bus coaches...it was a fun job but pay wasnt all that good. If you do land the job as HOTEL REP you are given more privileages and pay is better.

Please feel free to send me an email if you like if you want to discuss further details.

drgirl99@hotmail.com