Santiago

K

Karen

I will be spending a couple of weeks in Santiago in the D.R. I don't know what to expect- weather, architecture... I would appreciate any input. One of the WHO profiles suggested mosquito netting. I will be staying with an upper middle class family. Any idea as to what I should expect? thanks

K

Keith

I also, stronly suggest the same.Find out if the family has windows with screens that close and has air conditioning.If not and they have fans and open windows make sure you have your mosquito net available and repellent.Find out also if the have a genarator because if the electric goes out you have no lights,fans or AC either and have to open the windows.I dont know where your from or lifestyle but dont expect manny things to happen in a hurry.DR is in slo-motion.

B

Burmell

I will also be spending a month in Santiago July20-Aug.20. I have been there many times and even lived a year there. As for the mosquitos, Where we were, Los Jardinas Metropolitano, they were not a problem. I go to Santiago just to spend time with the people there. Keep in touch. We may run across one another there.

J

jim

Karen, Keith, Burmell -- If you folks have information on the email or WWW capabilites in Santiago -- a good local (Santiago) web site -- I'd appreciate a posting. Am specially interested in any information on study programs and exchange programs.

Thanks

Jim