Lan Chile

Harmony

Apr 18, 2002
The Dominican subsidiary (Lan Dominicana) of Lan Chile offers $198 round trip from Miami. They use modern Boeing 767-300's with movies and/or games on in seat tv's. Would recommend them.

Harmony

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
How Many Times have You Flown?

Harmony said:
The Dominican subsidiary (Lan Dominicana) of Lan Chile offers $198 round trip from Miami. They use modern Boeing 767-300's with movies and/or games on in seat tv's. Would recommend them.

Harmony

....on Lan Dominicana? I would like to hear opinions of LD users out of MIA - they are a AA partner anyway so it is an option fo rme (vs. AA) , since you recommend them I assume that you've used them. So how was the flight, on time service, ameneties etc.?

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
ricktoronto said:
....on Lan Dominicana? I would like to hear opinions of LD users out of MIA - they are a AA partner anyway so it is an option fo rme (vs. AA) , since you recommend them I assume that you've used them. So how was the flight, on time service, ameneties etc.?

Lan Dominicana Service surpass those offered by American Airlines i have only one complaint <i just can't get AA miles for some reason>

I have use them 6 times........................ :D[/QUOTE]

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
OK, I'll bite............

ERICKXSON said:
Lan Dominicana Service surpass those offered by American Airlines i have only one complaint <i just can't get AA miles for some reason>

I have use them 6 times........................ :D
[/QUOTE]

Why haven't they given you AA miles? You can send the ticket info to AA if Lan isn't posting them properly - you shouldn't have to but they are a partner (I assume all Lan Chile subsidiaries are).

What was cabin service like and do they have 1st class?

NB: In your actual post the part with the complaint in the pointy brackets < > didn't show up - it may be confusing the baord with expecting HTML code. You should edit it.

Harmony

Apr 18, 2002
Why haven't they given you AA miles? You can send the ticket info to AA if Lan isn't posting them properly - you shouldn't have to but they are a partner (I assume all Lan Chile subsidiaries are).

NB: In your actual post the part with the complaint in the pointy brackets < > didn't show up - it may be confusing the baord with expecting HTML code. You should edit it.[/QUOTE]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The service was great, a very pleasant experience after various US airlines. Food was good, no cost for booze. I'm almost positive they had first class but I didn't use it. There was plenty of room. two seats left, three in middle and two seats right.

Harmony

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Harmony said:

NB: In your actual post the part with the complaint in the pointy brackets < > didn't show up - it may be confusing the baord with expecting HTML code. You should edit it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The service was great, a very pleasant experience after various US airlines. Food was good, no cost for booze. I'm almost positive they had first class but I didn't use it. There was plenty of room. two seats left, three in middle and two seats right.

Harmony[/QUOTE]

Spoke to AA today and was told that yes you can purchase tickets using LAN miles or Viceversa but can't add LAN miles to any AA (advantage) account.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Must only be Lan Dominicana then

ERICKXSON said:
Spoke to AA today and was told that yes you can purchase tickets using LAN miles or Viceversa but can't add LAN miles to any AA (advantage) account.

Lan Chile is one of the big partners with AA, full miles/Q-points, Elite qualifying miles (for Platinum etc.) along with Cathay Pacific and a few others. So it must be Lan Dominicana only that is the problem as Lan Chile and Lan Peru are no problem.

Scratch that idea then, using them.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Updated Info

For apparently no reason Lan and AA work like this:

Lan Chile and Peru ; Yes to AA miles/ Elite status qualification

Lan Dominicana and Lan Ecuador ; zip, nada, nothng, nil, zero.

I have to say to compete vs. AA in the ex-MIA market they should rethink this part.