DirectTV

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
strasser3133 said:
I am thinking about the football season, is it possible to get directTV in the DR? Thanks.

Yes it is. PM me or email me and I'll pass on the name of an individual in Santiago who can provide you with both DirectTV and DishTV; Dishes ann units.

Texas Bill

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I got a Direct TV dish (5footer is needed here) with two receivers and two pirated cards. They get scrambled about once every 2 or 3 weeks and then my satellite guy e-mails me the new bin/hex numbers which I load unto the card via my computer and a special card adaptor. If it doesnt work after a card gets 'zapped' I still have the other card so its a big advantage to have two receivers/cards. Then my satellite guy has to come and do it himself as I am not that technically savy because the procedures change sometimes.

He said a year ago that they will change to a new card in a few months making the current ones obsolete, but also that there are already pirated fixes for them out. But I like the current system as I get all channels including pay per view and football for a charge of about US$100-150 per year for the services.

MikeKO

Apr 12, 2002
Another option is to setup the receiver in the US, get it authorized, then take it to the DR. You can't do pay per view that way though. In theory you are required to have a phone connection for Sunday Ticket, but I've gone for several seasons without, so they don't check.

Mike

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Was there anything special you had to do to make it work? How do you get the program guide updated? Via the net? Or dialup?

Captdavid

Feb 19, 2004
Texas Bill said:
Yes it is. PM me or email me and I'll pass on the name of an individual in Santiago who can provide you with both DirectTV and DishTV; Dishes ann units.

Texas Bill

I would like to get in touch with this individual also. We are looking to install Direct TV in Las Terrenas. Please advise.

Corky

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
TiVo here

MikeKO said:
Yes. What do you want to know?

Can I bring a new or refurbished TiVo unit (or my existing US unit) to the DR and program it by channel & time to record shows off of my cable service?

Thechulo4u1

Dec 6, 2011
I also need that info i live in corona plaza santiago dominican republic .. and im looking for some one who can do the instalation !!!
I have direct tv in queens ny and i just order an aditional box for my house in dr!!!! Help email me bedbuginc@aol.com