Stop! The Pool is Overflowing, Already!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Just curious if anyone is experiencing flooding or other problems with the rains?

ZWX20040328A.jpg

T.S. Robert is Flooding the Xanadu Pool

Here at Xanadu we have registered 5.61" of rain since midnight yesterday, and the day's not even half over as I type. This is the heaviest in the shortest period of time I've seen here since a two day stretch in February of 2003 where we had about 9-1/2" of rain. Since Wednesday that totals well over a foot of rain!

Here's the stats:
  • Wednesday 1.34" (34mm)
  • Thursday 2.72" (69mm)
  • Friday 3.00" (76mm)
  • Saturday 3.94" (100mm)
  • Sunday 1.75" (44mm) Through 9:45am
  • Total 12.75" (324mm)

Personally, I think it's Robert's fault. We were fine here on the North Coast until he stopped to visit. I think he brought the rain with him through Santiago, and Moca. Hopefully now that he's headed back to the capital with his pickle sauce the forecast will improve and I can get back to the beach!

Tom aka XR The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
XanaduRanch said:
Personally, I think it's Robert's fault. We were fine here on the North Coast until he stopped to visit. I think he brought the rain with him through Santiago, and Moca. Hopefully now that he's headed back to the capital with his pickle sauce the forecast will improve and I can get back to the beach!

Don't blame Robert, who is busy patting himself on the back in the "why do you post" thread started by adrianb. This all started when you began posting weather reports and forecasts because the gods that control weather recognized that you get fretful if you don't have something to complain about.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Don't Forget Mspreen

Ken said:
Don't blame Robert, who is busy patting himself on the back in the "why do you post" thread started by adrianb. This all started when you began posting weather reports and forecasts because the gods that control weather recognized that you get fretful if you don't have something to complain about.
Martha tempted the fates too asking what the weather will be like from March 29th on. Remember, she said the last time they visited the Turks & Caicos it was cloudy and raining the whole time, too.

Tom aka XR Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You're right; I remember. Since she is responsible, I hope she will be getting the the same miserable weather we have been enduring this week.

mspreen

Feb 23, 2004
Hey now.

Ken said:
You're right; I remember. Since she is responsible, I hope she will be getting the the same miserable weather we have been enduring this week.

Hey now I am sorry it is raining so much there. I'll take the blame if you want, but don't curse the week we will be there. It is very sunny here right now and I intend to bring it with me. :)

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Guess We'll Never Know For Sure ...

... If the rains stopped because Martha brought today's sunshine with her as she arrived in the DR this week, or if the planet returned to it's proper orbit when Robert headed back to Santo Domingo from the North Coast.

The rainfall total from Wednesday at 12:01AM through Monday afternoon was 13.26" here at Xanadu.

Tom aka XR Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

missshell

Mar 29, 2004
thought we might have to row home

XanaduRanch said:
... If the rains stopped because Martha brought today's sunshine with her as she arrived in the DR this week, or if the planet returned to it's proper orbit when Robert headed back to Santo Domingo from the North Coast.

The rainfall total from Wednesday at 12:01AM through Monday afternoon was 13.26" here at Xanadu.

Tom aka XR Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

My boyfriend and I just returned from the DR (Puerto Plata) on Saturday night. We chose to go in the "dry" season, needless to say, we got a little more rain than planned. Didn't slow us down any, had a great time, and can't wait to go back next year. When we arrived home in Boston, we decided that rain and 75 degrees was better than 40's and wind that chilled us to the bone any old day of the week. Thanks for the rain totals, we were curious as to just how much it actually was.