Assistance Needed for Dominican Troops in Iraq

jimrx7

Sep 11, 2003
Hey Everyone,

I am Telephonic and Computer Networker in the US Army and I just returned from a year long tour of Iraq. Before my return back to the states I ran into soldiers from the Dominican Army at a camp in Kuwait. I am from Dominican decent so when I spotted the Dominican Flag on their uniforms I immediately migrated over to them. Upon speaking with several soldiers they informed me of how difficult it was for them over there. They are in dire need of basic hygiene necessities i.e., soap, deodorant and toothpaste. I have an address for those soldiers to which donations could be mailed to which I can provide via email if needed. Any assistance that could be provided in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
jimrx7 said:
Hey Everyone,

I am Telephonic and Computer Networker in the US Army and I just returned from a year long tour of Iraq. Before my return back to the states I ran into soldiers from the Dominican Army at a camp in Kuwait. I am from Dominican decent so when I spotted the Dominican Flag on their uniforms I immediately migrated over to them. Upon speaking with several soldiers they informed me of how difficult it was for them over there. They are in dire need of basic hygiene necessities i.e., soap, deodorant and toothpaste. I have an address for those soldiers to which donations could be mailed to which I can provide via email if needed. Any assistance that could be provided in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Post the address here.

jimrx7

Sep 11, 2003
Tony C said:
Post the address here.
Due to security issues I can not post that address on an open forum. But I can email it to anyone who is interested upon request. Thanks for your interest.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
jimrx7 said:
Due to security issues I can not post that address on an open forum. But I can email it to anyone who is interested upon request. Thanks for your interest.

Any charity that won't post a contact address due to "security issues" smells like a scam to me!

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
Apo/fpo

Hey guys I dont know about this guy and if he is legit. But I know that FPO/APO will not accept any mail that does not have the Name or title of a specific addressee. After the Anthrax scare the operation Dear Abbey and the any service member program stopped due to new security requirments.
The mail is a big deal now.
John

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
jimrx7 said:
Hey Everyone,

WE that live in this country pay taxes to the Dominican Government to fulfil this duty - It is THEIR responsibility to supply basic necessities to the Dominican Army!!! Sorry, I am NOT being inconsiderate to those in need, just think the NEED needs to be placed on the shoulders of the right people!!

Do you think Hippo might need another LOAN from the IADB or IMF to pay for these basic hygene necessities???? - Grahame.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
BushBaby said:
WE that live in this country pay taxes to the Dominican Government to fulfil this duty - It is THEIR responsibility to supply basic necessities to the Dominican Army!!! Sorry, I am NOT being inconsiderate to those in need, just think the NEED needs to be placed on the shoulders of the right people!!

Do you think Hippo might need another LOAN from the IADB or IMF to pay for these basic hygene necessities???? - Grahame.

Easy BushBaby,
Just because one source(A dubious one) says so doesn't mean it is true.
The DR Military in Iraq is under the Command of the Spanish Military. I really doubt that it is happening. In fact I have heard that it is the Other way around. That the Dominicans are being treated greated and have been recieving bonus supplies from other coalition forces.

jimrx7

Sep 11, 2003
jsizemore said:
Hey guys I dont know about this guy and if he is legit. But I know that FPO/APO will not accept any mail that does not have the Name or title of a specific addressee. After the Anthrax scare the operation Dear Abbey and the any service member program stopped due to new security requirments.
The mail is a big deal now.
John

As a service member I am fully aware that anonymous mail will not be delivered. I do have an APO address and the name of a captain for which this mail is to be delivered to. If you are interested I will email that information to you directly.

jimrx7

Sep 11, 2003
Tony C said:
Easy BushBaby,
Just because one source(A dubious one) says so doesn't mean it is true.
The DR Military in Iraq is under the Command of the Spanish Military. I really doubt that it is happening. In fact I have heard that it is the Other way around. That the Dominicans are being treated greated and have been recieving bonus supplies from other coalition forces.

Hearing from "sources" and actually seeing it in person as I did is totally different. You speak as if you have been to Iraq and seen their living conditions. I doubt you have. I have been there and believe me, they are far from being taken care of. As a dominican, I felt it was my duty to inform everyone of the poor living conditions that the troops were experiencing. If people choose to ignore it that is fine with me. I am doing my part in helping out.

jimrx7

Sep 11, 2003
Tony C said:
Any charity that won't post a contact address due to "security issues" smells like a scam to me!

This is not a charity nor is it a scam! As I stated in previous posts I am just trying to put the word out. And as stated I do have an APO address.