What should me and my friends expect?

Famebk

Mar 29, 2004
My name is Mark and me some friends are goin to DR near the end of May,not sure what part to actually visit and will be there for4 days 3 nights. We are between the ages of 19 and 23. If anyone has any input on where we should go and what to expect it will be glady aprreciated.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Fame - My son is 21 and loves the 20-something resort town of Cabarete (north coast). Many of the DR1ers live/own/visit the north coast.

it's the kite/wind surfing capital of the world. you won't need a car and can stay drunk on the beach all day. all the restaurants/bars back up to the beach too and most places are very cheap.

search the archives for review of hotels in Cabarete (very reasonably priced) or go to http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com for more extensive reviews.

You'll probably want to fly in to Puerta Plata (POP), which is about 20 min from Cabarete.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
What do you want to do?

Famebk said:
My name is Mark and me some friends are goin to DR near the end of May,not sure what part to actually visit and will be there for4 days 3 nights. We are between the ages of 19 and 23. If anyone has any input on where we should go and what to expect it will be glady aprreciated.

Be more explicit as to what you want - AI's, anywhere as they are all alike, discos - Santo Domingo, Hookers - Boca Chica or the North Shore. How good is your Spanish?

Do a bit of reading here too, OK?

Famebk

Mar 29, 2004
Another Question.

We are looking at Boca Chica, Juan Dolio or puerto Plata, which has the best discos and the most pretty woman? Holla back.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Cabarete's the place...

Fly into POP airport and go to Cabarete (20 taxi ride).
There is no town in the country as well suited for nightlife in your age group.
The beach is beautiful and extends forever.
Beats Boca Chica & Juan Dolio, hands down..

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I have never stayed in Cabarete but i have been there for a few nights out and we enjoyed ourselves. According to a lot of the posts i have read on this forum, this area might be the best for you. Also you are not too far away from Puerta Plata if you fancied one of your nights there. Do a search on 'Cabarete' and you will find loads of info.

Have a good time!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If I was 20 + or - I'd vote for Cabarete

It is full of young folks. Great beach action, plenty to do, especially for 4 days and 3 nights...

HB

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
HB: Not quite what they are after

Hillbilly said:
It is full of young folks. Great beach action, plenty to do, especially for 4 days and 3 nights...

HB

What they want, in priority order: (from my consultation service with him earlier today)

1. Chicas
2. Hookers
3. Harlots
4. Strumpets
5. Women of loose morals
6. Easy lays
7. Sun
8. Beer

I suggested PP or they can try Boca Chica but will be eaten alive. I didn't think there are a ton of 1-6 above in Cabarete vs. a lot of other tourists and boozing it up.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
It's Bigger

Famebk said:
Whats so hot about Santo Domingo Tony C?

It's the capital , has about 1,000,000 people and the best dance clubs etc. are there. Your 1-6 options go up in price as do your hotel options in SD though.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Pichardo

...what the heck are you laughing at ???????
Did you start this thread under a different name to get something going or do you really have nothing to say ??????
Just wondering!
Marlie