New bachata releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
For bachata fans,

Today was the scheduled release of Frank Reyes' new album-"Cuando se quiere se puede". I was wondering if anyone has heard any songs from it as yet. The artist himself said it will be better than "Dejame entrar en ti". How can be when that cd is "majestuoso" and still holding strong in the top 10 since July 2002. If it's better.... than the sky is the limit for Frank Reyes.

I live in Toronto so it will take about a week and half or so before it shows up in the private Latin stores. So I can't wait I would rather hear what you have to say. As well Raulin Rodriguez' real cd (as opposed to the pirated version)- "Si no te tengo" was released 3 weeks ago. I heard one song already- "Mi heremosa canahuate" and it's "hermoso" indeed but how's the rest of the album?

Last edited:

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I love to know if there are any places that one can legally download new bachata releases, sometimes they are difficult to find in stores here in VA...

Thanks

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
My friend,

Where do you live in Virgina?

When I visit (very seldomly but I have) I purchase my cd's at Best Buy in Arlington, VA. I forget the name of the huge mall there but it's accessible via the subway. Best Buy has a good Latin selection at reasonable prices.

kjdrga said:
I love to know if there are any places that one can legally download new bachata releases, sometimes they are difficult to find in stores here in VA...

Thanks

Last edited:

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Lesley D said:
My friend,

Where do you live in Virgina?

When I visit (very seldomly but I have) I purchase my cd's at Best Buy in Arlington, VA. I forget the name of the huge mall there but it's accessible via the subway. Best Buy has a good Latin selection at reasonable prices.

I live in the Annandale area, the biggest problem we have encountered are two-fold. Rarely is the most realeased music in the stores and when they are people flip through the Latin section move cd's around and it is like picking through every single row to find the one you are looking for.

I ordered 4 cd's via bestbuy.com all of which took 3 weeks to arrive and one never did and it took 3 months to get a refund for the one that didn't arrive, so I tend to stay away from Best Buy these days....but you are right they have an excellent Latin section, if you like picking through all the mess...

I will look online and then perhaps call around once I see they may have it in...thanks for advertizing their release dates, wish we had more of that...

khamari

Aug 5, 2003
Lesley D said:
For bachata fans,

As well Raulin Rodriguez' real cd (as opposed to the pirated version)- "Si no te tengo" was released 3 weeks ago. I heard one song already- "Mi heremosa canahuate" and it's "hermoso" indeed but how's the rest of the album?
I have Raulin's new CD and it is great as usual. Two songs that stand out for me so far are "Amor de mi vida" and "Es Mejor". "Amor de mi vida" has a nice bounce to it and beautiful female accompaniment. There is only one merengue on the CD but it is nice and a slightly different sound for Raulin. Of course, the writing is superb as usual. I definitely recommend it.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
khamari said:
I have Raulin's new CD and it is great as usual. Two songs that stand out for me so far are "Amor de mi vida" and "Es Mejor". "Amor de mi vida" has a nice bounce to it and beautiful female accompaniment. There is only one merengue on the CD but it is nice and a slightly different sound for Raulin. Of course, the writing is superb as usual. I definitely recommend it.

I just ordered the Frank Reyes on Buy.com for $11, I couldn't find the Raulin CD online, but I don't think I had the name of the album right, can you tell me what the name is????

Thanks

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Hello again,

the name of Raulin's new cd is "Si no te tengo" and so far it's only available on Barnes & Noble.com. I ordered it from them and it's on the way. Listen, how come you don't order from Amazon.com. (actually Buy.com is a subsidiary of Amazon). You can't go wrong with them they are great and quick. I have been ordering from Amazon for three years almost four and not a complaint do I have. I live in Toronto so I could speak for their out of the USA shipping credentials. It's wonderful!

Are there any other bachata cd's that you like to know about? Just let me know. Tropical music-listening, dancing etc. is my hobby just let me know.

kjdrga said:
I just ordered the Frank Reyes on Buy.com for $11, I couldn't find the Raulin CD online, but I don't think I had the name of the album right, can you tell me what the name is????

Thanks

Last edited:

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Khamari,

Thanks for the feedback on Raulin's new release. You confirmed my suspicion about it being good. The female accompanient is always his sister "Casilda". Her voice is beautiful. She deserves more recognition. I ordered my copy so I have to wait for it to arrive.

Gracias.

khamari said:

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Lesley D said:
Hello again,

the name of Raulin's new cd is "Si no te tengo" and so far it's only available on Barnes & Noble.com. I ordered it from them and it's on the way. Listen, how come you don't order from Amazon.com. (actually Buy.com is a subsidiary of Amazon). You can't go wrong with them they are great and quick. I have been ordering from Amazon for three years almost four and not a complaint do I have. I live in Toronto so I could speak for there out of the USA shipping credentials. It's wonderful!

Are there any other bachata cd's that you like to know about? Just let me know. Tropical music-listening, dancing etc. is my hobby just let me know.

Thanks I just ordered it from BandN....I didn't buy the other one from Amazon because they didn't have it and at times buy.com is cheaper than Amazon...go figure...

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Un disco fenomenal y ejemplar.

Hello again,

I received the cd and just a heads up-it's wonderful! All Raulin fans deserve this album in their collection. I would like to know what you think when you receive yours. It's great bachata!

Lleg? "el cacique" otra vez.

kjdrga said:
Thanks I just ordered it from BandN....I didn't buy the other one from Amazon because they didn't have it and at times buy.com is cheaper than Amazon...go figure...

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
How would I know?

Lesley D said:
For bachata fans,

Today was the scheduled release of Frank Reyes' new album-"Cuando se quiere se puede". I was wondering if anyone has heard any songs from it as yet. The artist himself said it will be better than "Dejame entrar en ti". How can be when that cd is "majestuoso" and still holding strong in the top 10 since July 2002. If it's better.... than the sky is the limit for Frank Reyes.

I live in Toronto so it will take about a week and half or so before it shows up in the private Latin stores. So I can't wait I would rather hear what you have to say. As well Raulin Rodriguez' real cd (as opposed to the pirated version)- "Si no te tengo" was released 3 weeks ago. I heard one song already- "Mi heremosa canahuate" and it's "hermoso" indeed but how's the rest of the album?

I have Raulin Rodriguez' new CD - how would I know if it was pirated or not (I bought it at the POP airport about 2 weeks ago)?

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
What's the title of the cd?

Fiesta Mama,

What is the title of the cd? and if you bought it at the POP airport there's a very strong possibility that it's NOT the original. There are so many crooks there that sell cds that are copied, the album cover is a photo taken by whomever and the wrapping is just standard plastic and they have the nerve to sell it for 250 pesos and more. How much did you pay?

Please let me know.

Fiesta Mama said:
I have Raulin Rodriguez' new CD - how would I know if it was pirated or not (I bought it at the POP airport about 2 weeks ago)?

Status
Not open for further replies.