Advice For A Newbie...

sammy85430

Mar 31, 2004
OK...maybe I went about it the wrong way.Ive wanted to visit the DR for years.Now its finally gonna happen(April 3-10).Can someone please tell me for a single guy,in his 40's,but hangs with the "younger" crowd,find some "female" fun.I guess the "ladies of the night" are a bad idea? So what then...dance clubs? I'll be staying in Punta Cana.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
DID YOU SAY PUNTA CANA? My friend, there is nothing in punta cana except coco nuts and beach. But i suppose if you want relaxation then there is no better place on this island. about the girl business, I am afraid to say that you will be very limited in your choices. If you are only going to be here for a week then get whatever you can get your hands on. try the dancers first, they put out but secretly. You might have to convince them that you are here to find a girl to take home with as a future wife. then again, they have heard it all; but you never know your luck.
If you want cute dominican girls then go to santo domingo or santiago. Either place is hours away from your destination.
Good luck. AZB

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
What a mistake

sammy85430 said:
OK...maybe I went about it the wrong way.Ive wanted to visit the DR for years.Now its finally gonna happen(April 3-10).Can someone please tell me for a single guy,in his 40's,but hangs with the "younger" crowd,find some "female" fun.I guess the "ladies of the night" are a bad idea? So what then...dance clubs? I'll be staying in Punta Cana.

Punta Cana is a bunch of tourists behind the walls of all inclusives. If you speak Spanish and you better, you can always talk to maids. AND to boot, your first trip during Semana Santa which has to be the least fun time for gringos.

You should have done more research here first my friend. AZB is bang on - if the trip is cheap enough - check in, leave a note youhaven't skipped, get on a bus to Boca Chica or the capital and get an non-AI room and live a little.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Go to the Disco Mangu in the Flamenco Hotel. If you wanna "hook up" for the night, the club has various girls that will oblige. There are some small cabana hotels within walking distance where you can go, since they won't be allowed in the hotel.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
RX for a Mediocre Time, though....

NY1 said:
Go to the Disco Mangu in the Flamenco Hotel. If you wanna "hook up" for the night, the club has various girls that will oblige. There are some small cabana hotels within walking distance where you can go, since they won't be allowed in the hotel.

One disco and having to use cabanas. Not quite the same as less AI oriented locales.

sammy85430

Mar 31, 2004
Thanks...

AZB said:
DID YOU SAY PUNTA CANA? My friend, there is nothing in punta cana except coco nuts and beach. But i suppose if you want relaxation then there is no better place on this island. about the girl business, I am afraid to say that you will be very limited in your choices. If you are only going to be here for a week then get whatever you can get your hands on. try the dancers first, they put out but secretly. You might have to convince them that you are here to find a girl to take home with as a future wife. then again, they have heard it all; but you never know your luck.
If you want cute dominican girls then go to santo domingo or santiago. Either place is hours away from your destination.
Good luck. AZB

Research would have been nice.However,my main reason for going WAS the food,drink,sun,sand and water...basically to relax.The women,were an afterthought.Thanks again for the info.I suppose I'll take a bus to the capital and spend a night there to educate myself.

sammy85430

Mar 31, 2004
Thanks...

ricktoronto said:
Punta Cana is a bunch of tourists behind the walls of all inclusives. If you speak Spanish and you better, you can always talk to maids. AND to boot, your first trip during Semana Santa which has to be the least fun time for gringos.

You should have done more research here first my friend. AZB is bang on - if the trip is cheap enough - check in, leave a note youhaven't skipped, get on a bus to Boca Chica or the capital and get an non-AI room and live a little.

Research would have been nice...however,my original idea was just to go relax with the food,sun,drink,water and sand.The women were an afterthought when people started telling me stories about the women.So I guess I'll take a bus and spend the night somewhere where the action is.Thanks for your help.