"Hipolito" Graants Dominican Citizenship to Foreign Nationals!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
In a move that surprised everyone last night,President Hipoloto Mejia rammed a bill through the Dominican legislature granting Dominican citizenship to all foreign nationals! Any "foreigner" who proves that they own property in the DR,or are married to a Dominican Citizen is eligable.At the same time,the Junta Electoral Central,"JEC", extended the date to register to vote in the May elections to April 30th.The same time limit placed on foreigners claiming Dominican Citizenship!"I Wonder Why?"
If you want to know more details see the Thread in the Legal Forum labeled:
How To Claim Your Dominican Citizenship!

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
That's right.

But remember Tom, the catch was that you can only apply today. I flew from Mexico last night and am already in line at the immigration office.

I also have turn number 7 so if anyone wants to buy my turn I will gladly sell it to them. I can wait to get my citizenship.

Call me on my cll phone anyone. 1 900 347 2908

Regards,

Sep 20, 2003
if an american citizen is granted DR citizenship, could the DR tax office claim money held in american accounts in the future?

what are the pitfalls of having dual citizenship? especially when the DR is hovering near bankruptcy.

Last edited:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Giving Away?

MrMike said:
It was a mis-print, he's giving away Dominican citizens, not citinzenships.
He's not giving any away. He's selling them. But at a very attractive price. However the only Dominicans being offered for immediate sale and relocation to third countries are PLD & PRSC voters.