Looking for Dominican Cookbook!

LaurenNoel

Apr 1, 2004
Hi, just a quick question. I'm trying to find this cookbook. It's called Dominican Cookbook. The only one I can find is a used on on Amazon.com. The price is $192.00. Doesn't that seem a bit high? I think it might be out of print, but that just seems a bit much. If anyone has some ideas on where I might find one, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!

Festero

Dec 15, 2002
Mujer 2000

If you can read Spanish try to find Mujer 2000. The one I have is the 2nd edition, published in 1988.

It's like the "Betty Crocker" standard reference of Domican cooking.

- Festero del Norte

Susanita

Feb 11, 2002
Owns Both

I own both Mujer 2000 and the Dominican Cookbook (in Spanish). I must say that the Dominican Cookbook is really good but I surely didn't pay $192 for the hardcover. I just wish i could get the supplies for the recipes just as easy out here in NC.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
STOP!! GO TO www.dominicancooking.com website

They have cookbooks for sale on the site and are 110% reliable.

If you need an out of print book such as Ligia de Bornia's get in touch with me and I can scour some of our local bookstores..

HB

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Festero said:
If you can read Spanish try to find Mujer 2000. The one I have is the 2nd edition, published in 1988.

It's like the "Betty Crocker" standard reference of Domican cooking.

- Festero del Norte

Top of the line Dominican cooking there, most Dominican newlywed bride's first gift by tradition!

orlandodude

Mar 23, 2008
Dominician cake

Seems a bit too much. I'me still trying to figure this site out so pardon my dumbness. I'me looking for a simple version for Dominican cake(suspiro Dominicano) Any idealsBill
Altamente Springs, Fl

Munoz271

Jun 5, 2008
The Dominican Cookbook you mentioned that cost that much is the english version. The spanish version is much cheaper and you can find it on amazon.com for about $25. The english book is out of print and for those who own an english copy, take very good care of it because they are very rare. A first edition can run about $500.