Budget Apartments in Bavaro Beach Area

Dubby

Mar 30, 2004
I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the
cost for a "bugdet" apartment in the Bavaro Beach area.
I am not talking about anything fancy just the basics.
As a friend and I are planning on spending at least
6 months there.

Thanks,

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
I really hope that you get a reply to this. It would be handy for those of us who would like to return to that area but REALLY don't want to do the AI thing. I have found the following.

http://www.los-corales-villas.com/websites/englindex.htm

Bear in mind that I have no personal knowledge of the above, it is just a result of surfing.

There used to be some called "Princess Villas" or something like that, but I can't seem to find a website for them anymore. NOT a good sign.

Hopefully someone will jump in with some current and pertinent information.

Rose

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Apartments in Punta Cana

Los Alisios apartmets
Villa Princesa Apartments
Villas Bavaro
Apartamento Castillo
Punto Amarillo
Apartments da tonino fax (809)476-8609

for more info go to www.google.ca

Homer

Dubby

Mar 30, 2004
simpson Homer said:
Los Alisios apartmets
Villa Princesa Apartments
Villas Bavaro
Apartamento Castillo
Punto Amarillo
Apartments da tonino fax (809)476-8609

for more info go to www.google.ca

Homer

Thanks for the reply Homer - Google was the first place I looked
and already had information about the ones you provided. They
are not quite what I had in mind. I am looking for information
on the availibility of very basic accommodation in the Bavaro area.

Dubby

Mar 30, 2004
rmary said:
I really hope that you get a reply to this. It would be handy for those of us who would like to return to that area but REALLY don't want to do the AI thing. I have found the following.

http://www.los-corales-villas.com/websites/englindex.htm

Bear in mind that I have no personal knowledge of the above, it is just a result of surfing.

There used to be some called "Princess Villas" or something like that, but I can't seem to find a website for them anymore. NOT a good sign.

Hopefully someone will jump in with some current and pertinent information.

Rose

Thanks Rose - The webiste for Villas Princesa is www.villasprincesa.com

Jem

May 20, 2004
Dubby....... did you happen to find apartments in Bavaro?

Just wondering if you were succesful in your search...... I don't like resorts at all..... my last trip I ended up in Higuey and really would have preferred to stay closer to Bavaro.... my friend works at one of the resorts and I would like to stay for a month or more in an apartment with some type of kitchenette and refrigerator... on my last excursion I was sick twice... the second bout of illness left me with an IV bag... I'd prefer to cook for myself...any ideas on accomodations - are there any???? Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated
Cheers :knockedou
JEM

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Budget apartments

A furnished one bedroom apartment in the Bavaro area will start at about US$ 500.00 / mo. Usually it will have AC, cooking facilities, and cable hook up. The closer you get to Bavaro and its beach area the tariffs will increase.

Area housing standards below the $500 tariff are very substandard and depressing, whether fit or unfit for the needs indigenous inhabitants and/or visitors. The basics may not be included. Access to the few public beaches from these areas is via public or private transport and walking to them is out of the question.

Here are some phone and email contacts:

Ceballos & Henriquez. 809-552-6060, ceballos_henriquez@hotmail.com, and ceballos_henriquez@yahoo.com

Intercaribe. 809-221-8555, delamotj@yahoo.com

Regards,
PJT

santanatwins

Jan 20, 2004
My experience with punta cana and bavaro

I don?t recommend staying there if you don?t have a car. To my knowledge, there really isn?t a central shopping strip where you can find all your basic needs. You will have to depend on local buses to get you around. I myself got a small case of the ?runs? late at night and was informed that there weren?t any pharmacys open at the time.

I wound up traveling to Higuey to spend my 3 days off. I found a decent hotel for $18us a nite and it?s withing walking distance to everything I need including interent access for $40pesos an hour. The room included a frieg and AC, 24 hour guard and a small outside balcony. It ain?t the holiday inn but definitely worth the money.

Last edited:

Jem

May 20, 2004
Thanks!!

Do you remeber the name of the place you stayed in Higuey?? My latest trip we stayed at the Santa Clara - but no refrig.....that sounds like heaven!!!

santanatwins said:
I don?t recommend staying there if you don?t have a car. To my knowledge, there really isn?t a central shopping strip where you can find all your basic needs. You will have to depend on local buses to get you around. I myself got a small case of the ?runs? late at night and was informed that there weren?t any pharmacys open at the time.

I wound up traveling to Higuey to spend my 3 days off. I found a decent hotel for $18us a nite and it?s withing walking distance to everything I need including interent access for $40pesos an hour. The room included a frieg and AC, 24 hour guard and a small outside balcony. It ain?t the holiday inn but definitely worth the money.

Jem

May 20, 2004
Cheers!!!

Thanks a bunch for the info... I figured as much....I wish the area wasn't so innundated with mass resort establishments and actually funnelled some of the monies to the residents via housing/sanitation etc..... anyway don't mind my cynicism.... and thanks a bunch ;)
Cheers
JEM

PJT said:
A furnished one bedroom apartment in the Bavaro area will start at about US$ 500.00 / mo. Usually it will have AC, cooking facilities, and cable hook up. The closer you get to Bavaro and its beach area the tariffs will increase.

Area housing standards below the $500 tariff are very substandard and depressing, whether fit or unfit for the needs indigenous inhabitants and/or visitors. The basics may not be included. Access to the few public beaches from these areas is via public or private transport and walking to them is out of the question.

Here are some phone and email contacts:

Ceballos & Henriquez. 809-552-6060, ceballos_henriquez@hotmail.com, and ceballos_henriquez@yahoo.com

Intercaribe. 809-221-8555, delamotj@yahoo.com

Regards,
PJT

SafireDream

Jul 5, 2004
What was the name of the hotel?

santanatwins said:

Can you please post the name of the hotel and any contact information? Thanks!

santanatwins

Jan 20, 2004
Topacio hotel

The name of the hotel is "Topacio Hotel". I believe the phone number is 554-5892 but I will post the correct number if this is wrong. They are located within walking distant to a pharmacy, lavanderia, bank, exchange house, park, a nice central street with resturants and bars, and a internet cafe/call center across from the park.

You can also walk about 15 minutes and find a supermarket. The main bus stop/terminal is also a 5 minute walk from the hotel where you can catch buses west to Santo Domingo or east to punta cana/ bavaro. The hotel also has a resturant next door that will deliver room service. They open at 7 am.

If you need to take a taxi direct to bavaro beach area I paid $800 pesos, but that is the dominican rate. I believe the tourist rate is $35 US. The taxi base is also located next door to the bus station so you don't have to wait too long for a cab. I recommend agreeing to a fare before you get to where you are going so there is no misunderstanding upon arrival.

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
A friend of mine just finished investing in some townhouses near to the resort which she hopes to rent out. If you are interested send me a PM with your info and I can put you guys in contact.
D

Dubby said:
I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the
cost for a "bugdet" apartment in the Bavaro Beach area.
I am not talking about anything fancy just the basics.
As a friend and I are planning on spending at least
6 months there.

Thanks,

dominican lover

Aug 17, 2004
santa clara

Jem said:
Do you remeber the name of the place you stayed in Higuey?? My latest trip we stayed at the Santa Clara - but no refrig.....that sounds like heaven!!!
hi Gem,
i think the tapcio sounds o.k for a short while,but what price did you pay per night in the santa clara,and can you discrib it to me, so i know what to expect, thanks a lot