Boca Chica & Trips from there in May 26-June 2

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Myself and a few recent graduates who are my frat brothers are headed down in a group of 4 to stay in Boca Chica May 26th-June 2nd. We are all 23-25, young, attractive, educated, wordly and African-American from California & Atlanta and can understand intermediate spanish. We are staying in Boca Chica as are "home base for the week" but also would like to hit the Capital and visit San Pedro Macoris, La Romona, Soana or Catalina Island. I was inquiring on which trips would be most rewarding since we have 7-8 days to complete our trip how many days should we actually spend in Boca Chica? Is it feasible to drive/take public transportation/or driver to the south-eastern areas outlined above? Thanks for listening and I look fwd to your answers and suggestions! :classic:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Skip SP

There is nothing for the average tourist there unless it is baseball season and even then it isn't worth it - it is a non tourist industrial town.

If you have money the young attractive wordly part is meaningless if you are really , reading between the lines, looking to get laid a lot.

Unless you are true gringos the whole Sanoa/Catalina thing will probably be a bore too. There are however day trips to those places with a catamaran ride and rum etc. and a buffet so if that's yuor bag knock yourself out.

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
ricktoronto said:
There is nothing for the average tourist there unless it is baseball season and even then it isn't worth it - it is a non tourist industrial town.

If you have money the young attractive wordly part is meaningless if you are really , reading between the lines, looking to get laid a lot.

Unless you are true gringos the whole Sanoa/Catalina thing will probably be a bore too. There are however day trips to those places with a catamaran ride and rum etc. and a buffet so if that's yuor bag knock yourself out.

When is baseball season is it during May 26th-June 2nd? I have the money and speak spanish... never had problems getting laid anywhere I go... how far is the trip from the boca chica area to sanoa/catalina?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I Meant Winter Ball

R.Dennis said:
When is baseball season is it during May 26th-June 2nd? I have the money and speak spanish... never had problems getting laid anywhere I go... how far is the trip from the boca chica area to sanoa/catalina?

I am not sure when they play but since it is a lot in winter I am not sure there are games at all when you are there. I must be 90 minutes by car to Sanoa and the other.

Seriously SP de M is not a tourist destination.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
The capital is all you need for culture and use Boca Chica as your home base for the beach. I recommend bringing 2-3 boxes of rubbers and the 99 percent of girls showing interest in you are hookers and whatever they tell you, counter with half the amount of money. Nice, normal girls are in Santo Domingo. Has a lot of stuff to do there and experience real Dominican culture. Go to the Botanical Gardens there, the old Cathedral, shop en el calle de conde and watch the hundreds of girls walking past. So many different discos and bars in Santo Domingo that you will have a blast. Don't wear shorts, and tank tops in the capital. In boca chica you can dress how you want but in other areas, Dominican men never wear shorts because they don't want others to think they are homosexual and some places may not let you in being underdressed. DON'T WEAR FLASHY JEWELRY. AVOID SAN PEDRO, it is a rough place for an average tourist. I am from Michigan and I would rather venture into Detroit late in the evening than San Pedro, because I feel safer. You say you are worldly so most of this you all ready know. For that short of a trip, I would just split my time between Boca Chica and Santo Domingo. La Romana is about 2.5 hours from Santo Domingo, depending on the area and traffic. Never been there so I can't give my opinion. Juan Dolio is another popular tourist destination on the south coast, about 45 minutes from Santo Domingo, but the beach is no better than BC and more expensive there, you know the All Inclusive Hotels and I preferred Boca Chica over Juan Dolio. Santo Domingo has around, 3,000,000 people and that is where all the major action and sights/points of interest on the south coast. You won't be bored hanging around Santo Domingo and Boca Chica, except for all those darn vendors hanging around the beach bothering you but they are in all countries with a high concentration of tourists. Good luck and have fun.
dale7(Howard)