buying a used 4 x 4 - Nr. Sosua

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
We urgently need to buy a 4x4 - We've seen a Pajero for 675000 pesos. Anyone know of a quality car around 80000 miles diesel going cheap? Failing that can anyone recommend a used car dealer in the area (about as far as Santiago) - or tell us who to avoid?

S & N
:bunny:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Pop down for a drink with Marcos at Rocky's & he'll tell you about his contacts near Santiago. Failing that, you can go down to Santiago & buy a 4 x 4 very easily - PLENTY of them around!!

I can take you round the Puerto Plata places in about 2 hours, but I think you will get a better deal in Santiago. If you are concerned about getting a dubious vehicle, take my mechanic down with you. RD $2,000 for the day & he will make sure you are not ripped off AND he speaks English!!

PM me if Marcus can't help & you need my assistance - Grahame.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I agree with Grahame. Check Marco at Rockys. He has a contact in Moca and has found many cars for many people there. He even has an arrangement to take the car to your mechanic to be checked out.

On another note I have a SUV that is 2 wheel drive I have been very happy with. Besides better gas milage and less maintenence I have taken this on the worst goat trails you have ever seen without difficulty. Ask Robert:)

Good luck.