Punta Cana Hotels

naskapi

Sep 23, 2003
I am interested in hearing from anyone that has stayed at an AI hotel in Punta Cana. I have been to Puerto Plata many times, but thought that I would try the other side of the island this time. There are so many hotels that sound great, and all of the reviews seem to be the same for each hotel. Any info on any hotel in Punta Cana would be very helpful in making my decision of where to stay. Thanks!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Try This Site

naskapi said:
I am interested in hearing from anyone that has stayed at an AI hotel in Punta Cana. I have been to Puerto Plata many times, but thought that I would try the other side of the island this time. There are so many hotels that sound great, and all of the reviews seem to be the same for each hotel. Any info on any hotel in Punta Cana would be very helpful in making my decision of where to stay. Thanks!

Debbies Dominican Travels - thousands of reviews, by area, almost all are AI's and should be quite recent.

naskapi

Sep 23, 2003
Thanks everyone. I have read all of Debbies reviews (the current ones anyway). I just wanted to hear from some people who might have been there more than once. Most of the people who put reviews on Debbie's site seem to be first timers to the DR. Plus, almost all of the reviews are really good for Punta Cana. There are sooo many 4 and 5 star hotels in that area that it is hard to make a decision. It might just end up being a last minute thing for me, see which one ends up costing less.

dwntwn22

Aug 25, 2003
AI's

naskapi said:
Thanks everyone. I have read all of Debbies reviews (the current ones anyway). I just wanted to hear from some people who might have been there more than once. Most of the people who put reviews on Debbie's site seem to be first timers to the DR. Plus, almost all of the reviews are really good for Punta Cana. There are sooo many 4 and 5 star hotels in that area that it is hard to make a decision. It might just end up being a last minute thing for me, see which one ends up costing less.
I have stayed at quite a few there, the nicest by far is Secrets....no kids, and good choice of beer, and the food is fantastic...

mspreen

Feb 23, 2004
Just got back

Hi I just got back yesterday from Punta Cana. We stayed at Secrets. It was perfect. The resort is top notch. I would highly recommend it. We will be returning next year to the same place.

DRgirlatheart

Sep 20, 2003
RIU Naiboa

Hi!

I stayed twice at the RIU Naiboa. OK, so it's not a 5 star. It was fine for my needs. The service was good, property was well-maintained, food was good, rooms were clean. Very few glitches while I was there either time. I plan to go back again next year (but hopefully sooner).

Just my 2 pesos.

Regards.

SS2

Mar 13, 2004
Been there twice

I've been to Punta Cana twice. The first time (about 3 years ago) I stayed at the Occidental Flamenco, and this past New Year's I stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace...and to be honest with you, they were pretty much exactly the same. I think you will find that most AIs in this region all offer more or less the same services, and they are all very good. I have heard great reviews about Secrets, however during my last visit, I had the opportunity to visit the Melia, and personally, that's were I would stay next time I go down. It looked absolutely gorgeous! But in all honesty, I wouldn't worry too much...Punta Cana is a beautiful place and you'll have a great time regardless of which one of the 4 or 5 star resorts you choose to stay at. Have fun!

caribbean_bride

Mar 23, 2004
www.digital-werks.net
Melia INFO

SS2 said:
however during my last visit, I had the opportunity to visit the Melia, and personally, that's were I would stay next time I go down. It looked absolutely gorgeous!

SS2, can you tell me about your recent trip to the Melia? We are going in Jan, to get married and i am worried that we will get sick from the food. Also do you recommend a room or a side? Tropical or Caribe?

Thanks