Going to north coast in semana santa.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
So whats going on in the north coast in semana santa (thrusday - sunday). I will be staying in puerto plata but will spend the bulk of my time in sosua beach and cabarete in the evenings. I will attend Escott's easter bash party at Marco's but what else is going on there besides that? Cabarete will be exciting as many people from santiago will be there (my buddies). maybe I will run into some of my ex-wives and some future ones as well. If it won't rain, cabarete should sizzle with excitment from all the santiagueros and capitalenos partying till late hours.
Hint for single guys in pointing out beautiful santiago girls: They are usually whiter skinned with fine long hair. They have slim curvy bodies and dressed in expensive tight clothes. They may look like the girls from Miss universe type contestants from the webpage. They may look foreigners but they are too sexy looking to be a north american. They speak spanish and don't look for foreigners as the UBH's do in sosua. They usually stay within their own group but they are friendly if you converse with them. Good luck.
AZB

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
AZB said:
So whats going on in the north coast in semana santa (thrusday - sunday). I will be staying in puerto plata but will spend the bulk of my time in sosua beach and cabarete in the evenings.AZB

You're really coming to the North Coast for Semana Santa? Last year it took me two hours to drive from one end of Cabarete to the other end.... For us local gringos, we bring in food for four days, lock the doors and hunker down! Don't try to drive in Cabarete... You'll probably find parking half way to Sosua... Anyway, have a fun time....

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Chris, you know AZB. Despite all his talk about the white meat in Santiago, he can't resist coming to Sosua for the dark meat. When he gets the urge, he will climb mountains, swim rivers, and fight the traffic of Semana Santa to get it. :)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Chris said:
You're really coming to the North Coast for Semana Santa? Last year it took me two hours to drive from one end of Cabarete to the other end.... For us local gringos, we bring in food for four days, lock the doors and hunker down! Don't try to drive in Cabarete... You'll probably find parking half way to Sosua... Anyway, have a fun time....

Holy shrimp, is the traffic really going to be that bad? Should I load up my scooter in the trunk, in case I find parking 3 miles away from cabarete?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
AZB said:
Holy shrimp, is the traffic really going to be that bad? Should I load up my scooter in the trunk, in case I find parking 3 miles away from cabarete?
Cabarete is never good on the slowest days. Easter week is awful. One year I didn't listen to myself, and went to the beach in Sabaneta over that weekend, and got caught in a political caravan to boot. Took 4 hours in traffic 3 lanes wide at 2-3 miles an hour bumper to bumper from Sabaneta to about where the Coastal station is now.

Fortunately, we had our own bebidas in the car!

Tom aka XR It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Put it this way:

A guy doing some work here today told me that he was not going to stay in a hotel this year because its too expensive. Instead, he and his friends (2 carloads) are going to commute each day from Santiago to POP/Sosua. Comparing the gas costs to hotel costs this apparently works out to be enough of a saving to make it worthwhile.

Thats scary!

So, I'm staying home!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
AZB said:

The traffic is really bad in Cabarete. Big busloads full of happy Dominicans park everywhere - and the main drag through Cabarete is not really made for it.. But we've always managed to find somewhere - sometimes a 15 minute walk but nothing worse that that. It is driving that becomes impossible. So, park outside of the madness - sometimes the parking area in front of the Banco Popular is quite empty, and walk the rest of the way... Scooter, no way - walking is preferable.

Is it true what Ken says? Or is every decent Santiago girl also coming to Sosua/Cabarete for Semana Santa? Slumming are you? ;)

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
We just drove through Cabarete and the cars/busses/conchos/trucks are already parked down at the Banco Popular. Perhaps I gave AZB bad advice... but then again, he is a big boy and can find his way.

For us, it felt like just the right time to get off the roads. The playero supermercado had a parking attendant there to control traffic - for all of the 20 or so parking spots, and he was kept busy.

Enjoy you all. Be Safe! We are quietly working this weekend and staying off the roads..

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
ok, it's thursday night - another 24 hrs and I will join the madness on Cabarete beach.
Be save, stay off the roads, if you have to drive be VERY careful.
Where will you guys hang out on Cabarete beach Friday/Saturday night?
Tom, let's have a drink on Dr. Shou and the coming huricane season. AZB, I'm white and blond... Escott, I'm still looking for a <200K apt for you IN the ocean.
If you guys want to buy me a drink, let me know where I can find you! :classic:
Happy semana santa to all!

quaqualita

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
I Will Be There ...

quaqualita said:
ok, it's thursday night - another 24 hrs and I will join the madness on Cabarete beach.
Be save, stay off the roads, if you have to drive be VERY careful.
Where will you guys hang out on Cabarete beach Friday/Saturday night?
Tom, let's have a drink on Dr. Shou and the coming huricane season. AZB, I'm white and blond... Escott, I'm still looking for a <200K apt for you IN the ocean.
If you guys want to buy me a drink, let me know where I can find you! :classic:
Happy semana santa to all!

quaqualita
PM me your number, and I will call when I am in Cabarete. I think you have mine? Have a great weekend!

Party on, dude! ::: guitar rifff :: Wyld Stalyuns Rule! :: smile ::

Tom aka XR Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.