Scott was an amazing host

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
First I'll let everyone know how awesome Scott was on our first and only encounter. Very hospitable, and man does he know where to get the best steak dinner EVER!! and I did manage to eat it all. So, my holiday for the first 2 days was amazing, then all hell broke loose with the friend. I came home from hell. The nite Julie and I met Scott, we had an interesting detour on the way to Cabarete, via a "pit stop" to one of his condos. It was dark, and we had to climb on the roof to get in, but the property was nice from what I could see in the dark, and when its all revovated, it will be beautiful. From there we went to a retaurant for dinner, and the steak was amazing, and I have never seen one the size that I was served. I'm glad I could manage to eat it all. We went out dancing and Scott I can vouch for is a good dancer, and we had some laughs at the old man with the 2 hookers. But the night came to an end too soon. The nightmare started when Julie decided to take my life into her hands by hooking up with a local and doing illegal crap. I managed to get back to my room and what she did the rest of the nite, I dont know and I dont care. It didnt get any better by Wed as she had met someone else at the resort, and we have a rule of no men in our room. Well, she broke it, of course. I spent the rest of the week alone, but then I should have forseen that as I'm not a big drinker, and I am into seeing the country where she likes to be at the pool bar. And then by Friday I came down with a chest cold from the cold air blowing on me and the smoking in the room. Lucky for Julie, she came home with a parasite. And I have no sympathy, as my trip was not a happy one.
For the past year that I've been reading the posts, I have learned a lot, and I'm grateful, as I did see "my friend" and I knew that within the first 10 mins of talking, he was wanting money. He started out with how are the kids, and my life, yadda yadda yadda, "Ihave problems" Then next was How much money did you bring? Well I had made my decision that I wasnt paying for anything this time round, and I didn't. I went back to my hotel, and I have never heard from him again, and I'm not upset, he is a sanky, and I know that now, and I am happy that I atleast got to see that in person. I dont have to wonder anymore, and I had a ton of questions, and I didnt have to ask one. He answered it all by himself. So, the next time I head down to the beautiful Dominican Republic, my children will be with me, as they deserve to see the country and appreciate all the beauty that I see each time I"m there.
My only regrets are that I did not get to meet everyone I had planned on, as I ended up sick, but I did get the pleasure of spending some time with Scott, and that makes up for the hell Julie put me through. And, our friendship is not going anywhere. There is too much of age difference, and our ideas of a holiday arent the same.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Kunky-
I had just posted in the open forum wondering where you were, since we hadn't heard form you since you got back!!
I am sorry that you had troubles with your friend. Didn't you have problems with another friend on your last trip. Probably a better thing to go back with your children, since you are not having any luck travelling with friends.
I hope that your cold clears up, and that your next trip is a better one.
Thanks for the report on Scott, now we have actual evidence that he is a nice guy!!!!
Welcome back,
Marlie

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
marliejaneca said:
Thanks for the report on Scott, now we have actual evidence that he is a nice guy!!!!

With so many different posters that actually take the time to open up threads and attest to his greatness, it should leave you with little cause to doubt him! HA! :cheeky:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Chris said:
Yes, I also want to see a picture - I'm not sure you dined with the right Scott. Our Scott is an Ugly, Loud, Hairy, American.

Just kidding with you Scott!

He's easy to spot though. He wears pink flip flops :bunny:

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
I would rather travel alone too!

kunky said:
First I'll let everyone know how awesome Scott was on our first and only encounter. Very hospitable, and man does he know where to get the best steak dinner EVER!! and I did manage to eat it all. So, my holiday for the first 2 days was amazing, then all hell broke loose with the friend. I came home from hell. The nite Julie and I met Scott, we had an interesting detour on the way to Cabarete, via a "pit stop" to one of his condos. It was dark, and we had to climb on the roof to get in, but the property was nice from what I could see in the dark, and when its all revovated, it will be beautiful. From there we went to a retaurant for dinner, and the steak was amazing, and I have never seen one the size that I was served. I'm glad I could manage to eat it all. We went out dancing and Scott I can vouch for is a good dancer, and we had some laughs at the old man with the 2 hookers. But the night came to an end too soon. The nightmare started when Julie decided to take my life into her hands by hooking up with a local and doing illegal crap. I managed to get back to my room and what she did the rest of the nite, I dont know and I dont care. It didnt get any better by Wed as she had met someone else at the resort, and we have a rule of no men in our room. Well, she broke it, of course. I spent the rest of the week alone, but then I should have forseen that as I'm not a big drinker, and I am into seeing the country where she likes to be at the pool bar. And then by Friday I came down with a chest cold from the cold air blowing on me and the smoking in the room. Lucky for Julie, she came home with a parasite. And I have no sympathy, as my trip was not a happy one.
For the past year that I've been reading the posts, I have learned a lot, and I'm grateful, as I did see "my friend" and I knew that within the first 10 mins of talking, he was wanting money. He started out with how are the kids, and my life, yadda yadda yadda, "Ihave problems" Then next was How much money did you bring? Well I had made my decision that I wasnt paying for anything this time round, and I didn't. I went back to my hotel, and I have never heard from him again, and I'm not upset, he is a sanky, and I know that now, and I am happy that I atleast got to see that in person. I dont have to wonder anymore, and I had a ton of questions, and I didnt have to ask one. He answered it all by himself. So, the next time I head down to the beautiful Dominican Republic, my children will be with me, as they deserve to see the country and appreciate all the beauty that I see each time I"m there.
My only regrets are that I did not get to meet everyone I had planned on, as I ended up sick, but I did get the pleasure of spending some time with Scott, and that makes up for the hell Julie put me through. And, our friendship is not going anywhere. There is too much of age difference, and our ideas of a holiday arent the same.

I have had my share of hell trips with friends. It has not been a matter of me or them being in the wrong... just very different ideas of what we wanted to do on our holiday. My recommendation when travelling with a friend is to tell them (before you book the trip) what you like to do. For me, I don't like to be tied down to do what they want or to not feel free to do my own thing. I am very independent and don't like being told "hey this is what we are doing today". I usually say, "we can share a room and if our schedules work out that we can spend some time together cool..." If they are not cool with that, it's better to get your own room. Having your friend smoke and bring guys back to your room though is just inconsiderate (especially when it was a "rule" between the two of you). If someone wants to do something with a guy, they should leave the resort.

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
first I dont recall Scott wearing pink flip flops, and that would have been a treat to see. But, we did go dancing, and he's pretty good. As for the amiga, well, our 3rd trip together, and knowing the "rules" she has definately overstepped the boundaries. As for right now, she is in the hospital, perhaps with a parasite, hmmm, just wondering where she got it off resort? I dont feel sorry for her, she should know better, let alone, take my life in her hands by doing something stricty prohibited, especially when you're in a foreign country. And she claimed she got it for free. hahahha she paid for it one way or another. Done with friends and the holidays, next time, my kids can see the beautiful country that their mom loves so much.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Parasite?

kunky said:
first I dont recall Scott wearing pink flip flops, and that would have been a treat to see. But, we did go dancing, and he's pretty good. As for the amiga, well, our 3rd trip together, and knowing the "rules" she has definately overstepped the boundaries. As for right now, she is in the hospital, perhaps with a parasite, hmmm, just wondering where she got it off resort? I dont feel sorry for her, she should know better, let alone, take my life in her hands by doing something stricty prohibited, especially when you're in a foreign country. And she claimed she got it for free. hahahha she paid for it one way or another. Done with friends and the holidays, next time, my kids can see the beautiful country that their mom loves so much.

I'm curious what parasite she got? I have not heard of anyone staying at a resort getting one - it might help people to know what to avoid?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
You keep mentioning that your friend did something illegal while down there. I hope it wasn't drugs, because if it was then she's either no friend of yours or she's completely unaware of the consequences of getting caught with drugs in the DR (even if it's just marijuana). Of course, if that was the case and she got caught and you were there, you would have been going to jail too, and believe me you don't want to go to jail in The DR. Anyhow, it sounds like you learned what you needed to learn and hope your next trip is a lot more enjoyable.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Fiesta Mama said:
I'm curious what parasite she got? I have not heard of anyone staying at a resort getting one - it might help people to know what to avoid?

Avoid sankies...The biggest parasites in The DR.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm still waiting for an answer to my picture question. Did you get a picture of yourself with Scott? Did you get any pictures? :classic:

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
suarezn said:
Avoid sankies...The biggest parasites in The DR.

So I've learned. She said her friend was in the hospital though and although she may have been a terrible roomate on holidays, I would not wish upon anyone to come home with a parasite from a tropical/foreign country (if that is in fact what you were referring to)?

Parasites

I hate to say it but she likely got a STD, (Sanky transmitted disease) but who knows.

And I certaily would like to see a pic of "kinky and Scott" specially for the Media Gallery.

? <font size="1"><i><font color="Navy">Wud <i>aka</i> </font></font><font size="6"><font color="Blue"><b><font face="Signature">Hlywud </font></b></font></font><i><font size="1"><font color="DarkRed">"If anybody wud Wud wud"</font></font></i></div>

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If I were the friend

I would be deathly scared: AIDS is not that far fetched..STD would be the best outcome...

Glad y ou learned something.

You should see that thread about the social worker whose "boyfriend" loaded up with coke in condoms in their room and one of them busted. She is now in a nasty jail putting her family through hell....Instead of getting on a plane and leaving his dead body there for the housecleaners, she called the cops and then waited for them!!

DUH!!

Kunky was sooo lucky..

HB

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
Anna, no I didn't get any pics, as I didn't bring along the camera the nite we went out to dinner. Scott was going to take me to Puerto Plata to visit Noelle, but I ended up getting a chest cold a couple of days later. I haven't taken my rolls in yet to be developed, but I think I have a couple that I will post. As for the friend, it turns out she didn't end up with a parasite, but she has a bacterial infection. From what? noone can figure it out. Now she is a nail biter, and it's the only justification I can come up with, as everything she ate, I ate too. As for the illegal matter, yeh, she's an idiot, as I for not leaving her sorry *** on the street that nite, but I havent talked to her since I've come home, and I'm sure she knows I'm livid, as I didn't speak to her for the rest of the trip. I know what can happen when you're caught with drugs, let alone when you're with someone, as a woman I know from my hometown, ended up in jail for 2 yrs down there, and she is now back in Canada, but it was a long gruelling 2 yrs for her family. As for the next trip, NO FRIENDS!!! I'll be bringing my children along the next time.
As for any STD, well, I dont know what she did when she left me one nite by myself, but I can only imagine!!!!! My only regrets are that I couldn't meet the DR people, but theres always a next time, and no air conditioning will be blowing on my face all nite. cheri