Air traffic between Santiago & Sto Domingo?

Globetrotter

Feb 3, 2002
Hello folks:

I will be coming to the DR for business this coming sunday. I am due to arrive in Santiago first, stay there for 2 days, then I need to take a plane to the other side of the island to go to Port-of-Spain, Haiti. My travel itineray shows that, to go to Haiti, I will be flying from Santo Domingo, not Santiago. Yet, the agent is telling me that there is no flight between Santiago and Santo Domingo. Is this true? or is it that she is just not able to see the local flights? If she is right, how do I get from Santiago to Santo Domingo? Can I take a cab? and if yes, how much would that be? how long would the drive be? and is it safe? I looked at the DR map, and the two cities (Santiago & Sto Domingo) seem quite far apart. Alternatively, are there any flights between Santiago and Haiti, so that I wouldn't need at all to go to Sto Domingo? (I don't have any business in Sto Domingo). I appreciate all your suggestions. I am leaving Washington this sunday, so prompt replies would be most appreciated. You can email me at Leila_and_roy@yahoo.com.
Thanks,
Roy

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I would take a bus! "Metro Tours" to be exact!

The ride will take you about 2 hours.Safer than a Taxi,and about 20 times cheaper($5.00 US or less).Modern,airconditioned bus! Terminal in Santiago.and Santo Domingo.When you arrive in Santo Domingo,you can get a taxi to the airport at the terminal.I think the rate is abot 5 or 6 hundred pesos now. 45 minutes to the airport,maybe less depending on the hour.CC