Sosua Vacation Suggestions...?

nycVu

Mar 30, 2004
Greetings all

I'm planning a return trip to the DR after my first Boca Chica trip in November and have a few questions I hope you guys can answer for me...

1. I am a single male traveler looking torn between 3 hotels (Waterfront, Voramar and the Europa). My question? Out of those 3, I like the Waterfront the best, but is it "chica-friendly"?

2. How far is the Vormar from the center of town and is it an easy commute to the beach from that distance (I'm a NYer so walking is really not a big deal).

3. What about the Europa? I know it's "chica-central" along with the Palace (where I definitely don't wanna stay), but is it relatively quiet at night?

3. I'd like to bring my rollerblades. Are the roads agreeable to doing so?

Thanks for all replies/help and I hope to meet some of you if you're there from 5/25/04-6/5/04 :cool:

Peace...

Red_Girl

Mar 5, 2004
I can only help you with the rollerblade question - not recommended. The streets and sidewalks are full of potholes and cracks. I think it would be more trouble than it's worth. Plus, people drive like maniacs - but then, you are from NY...

Have a great trip though!!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Try Either WSG or WSA or which ever is free

nycVu said:
Greetings all.............. but is it "chica-friendly"?

Peace...

I have heard of better sites (see subject) to solicit info mainly focused on your ability to get prostitues into a room - one is free and one is a pay site - the free one will probably be a superior source to here, evidenced thus far by not much in the way of happy hooker helpers. Google will help you. I haven't been to Sosua and thus even if I was interested in such activites I'd be of scant help. Good luck getting info, I am certain the one I am thinking of will do the job.

I cannot for the life of me remember the URL's from strictly prurient browsing of days gone by.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Best Choice.

nycVu said:
Greetings all
1. I am a single male traveler looking torn between 3 hotels (Waterfront, Voramar and the Europa). My question? Out of those 3, I like the Waterfront the best, but is it "chica-friendly"?

2. How far is the Vormar from the center of town and is it an easy commute to the beach from that distance (I'm a NYer so walking is really not a big deal).

3. What about the Europa? I know it's "chica-central" along with the Palace (where I definitely don't wanna stay), but is it relatively quiet at night?

3. I'd like to bring my rollerblades. Are the roads agreeable to doing so?

Peace...

The Waterfront is not very guest friendly during the daytime, as it's a family oriented hotel, although late at night is not a problem.
Voramar is far from town and is guest friendly. You would have to take transport to get into town.
Europa is completely guest friendly and has the nicest rooms.
They are all relatively quiet.
Rollerblading around here is very risky.

nycVu

Mar 30, 2004
Thanks All! I think I'm gonna go with the Europa. And FTR, rollerblading in NYC is the REAL "Fear Factor"!! But it's so exciting... I'm a street skater and believe it or not, the yellow cabs, and other vehicular traffic doesn't get in my way. We have a mutual level of respect goin' on... But it's those damn tourists!! Arghhh!! They're so busy looking up at skyscrapers going nuts over the spectacle that is NYC (and in all fairness who can blame 'em - NYC is a sight to behold!!). They should just know that in NYC, you gotta look BOTH WAYS ON ONE-WAY STREETS!! When you don't, it's an accident waiting to happen that luckily for me, hasn't.

Fear for my safety was never the issue. It was always about the horrific road conditions in DR. So, now thanks to you guys, the blades stay here in NYC. I found a gym to workout and I can rent a bike (hopefully). And as RickToronto suggested, I'll get plenty of additional exercise by other means... :devious:

Again thanks for the information...

Peace.

Rocky said:
The Waterfront is not very guest friendly during the daytime, as it's a family oriented hotel, although late at night is not a problem.
Voramar is far from town and is guest friendly. You would have to take transport to get into town.
Europa is completely guest friendly and has the nicest rooms.
They are all relatively quiet.
Rollerblading around here is very risky.