Shipping Brugal to the US

collene

Apr 6, 2004
I would like to give 375ml bottles of Brugal for guests to take home from a party. I would need to get about 10-15 cases. I'm having trouble finding distributors for this size in NY but I know these bottle are rampant all over the DR.

Can anyone offer suggestions about the cheapest and quickest way to get bottles over here? I don't want to sell them, hence taking on the import taxation issues-- I just want to give them to friends and family.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I Doubt Customs will Appreciate the Generosity

collene said:
I would like to give 375ml bottles of Brugal for guests to take home from a party. I would need to get about 10-15 cases. I'm having trouble finding distributors for this size in NY but I know these bottle are rampant all over the DR.

Can anyone offer suggestions about the cheapest and quickest way to get bottles over here? I don't want to sell them, hence taking on the import taxation issues-- I just want to give them to friends and family.

You import it to pour down a sewer you are still paying import taxes, duties, etc., on that quantity, period. I think using a courier (e.g. : FedEx and if they will ship breakable, flammable liquids, and by air which they probably will refuse) and the fees and brokerage (to say nothing of the substantial weight of 180 bottles in 15 boxes) you will pay thousands of $ for this idea.

Maybe you can ask 180 tourists to bring back one each.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Just contact ANY liquor store in upper Manhattan and ask them who's their distributor. My local liquor store has 3 different types of Brugal in stock, they must get it from somewhere, and its not direct from DR.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
collene said:

Just let me know when you need them and you'll need to pick them up in NY or I could arrange for a drop off to your place via a private taxi.

There are 3 kinds of Brugal in the 375ml size currently on sale in NY:

US$ 10 cases US$ 15 cases
Brugal Anejo 166.00 same
Brugal Dorado 119.00 same
Brugal Blanco 119.00 same

If you want them by this weekend you must order by tomorrow morning or tonight, otherwise it will be harder to get the distributor house to send a shipment for so few cases to my location.

The prices above include NYC sales Tax. *wink

I'm giving you a DR1 buddy discount!!