Need some help on deciding....

d3ratch

Apr 3, 2004
I wanna buy a villa in Punta Cana - help

I have been reading a lot of things on this site but alot of the information on Real Estate is mostly for the North coast. I would like to buy a condo in Punta Cana for about $100,000 CND and was wondering if any of you people know anything about Punta Cana. Do the Condos rent at full capacity during the year? I wondering if this is a good investement because i plan on retiring there in about 8 years. :nervous: I know that the area is really expanding.

Any help or info would be great.

Tx Rachel

Last edited:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Condos will rent in Punta Cana. Be advised, in order to rent it quickly it has to have a marketable rate for its amenities, good location-location-location, and have an honest administrator. What site in P.C. has your interest?

Regards,
PJT

timelessdreams

Apr 5, 2004
Re Searching for land to build Punta Cana

PJT said:
Condos will rent in Punta Cana. Be advised, in order to rent it quickly it has to have a marketable rate for its amenities, good location-location-location, and have an honest administrator. What site in P.C. has your interest?

Regards,
PJT

Hi PJT,

Like Rachel, we too are interested in land in the Punta Cana area. We have been searching for a lot approx 2 to 3,000sq meters to build a nice home, or if fortunate enough to find beachfront property for a business. We have seen Bavaro Beach and are interested in that area. Can you recommend where we may obtain more info with a reputable real estate agent? We would like to plan a 2-3 week stay to come down and visit what's available.
Can you tell us where Uvero Alto is or perhaps El Cortecito or Cabeza del Toro? The only realtor we were able to find is Camadosa in Bavaro but no one is returning our messages.

I have heard that most of the land in Bavaro is "free" land, and that the hotels will be scoffing them up, but can you tell me what th :disappoin at really means?

Thanks for your help.
Susie

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I don't know how much money you people want to put down, but...

there are many developments in the Punta Cana area that would make your lives much easier. The best one being developed is south of the airport (opposite the tourist crowd, which could be a good thing). The beaches are still stunning down there. The place is called Cap Cana. They have an add here in DR1, so if you get a chance, click on it. The other one (with DR1 add) is Palma Real by the Sol Melia properties in Bavaro Beach. Again, click on that when you get a chance here on DR1. Enjoy!

You can always got to www.super-casas.com and click on Solares and then where it says Provincia, click on that. Scroll down to La Altagracia and click Buscar. Now you will see some lots for Sale in the Altagracia Province, which is where Punta Cana and Bavaro are located. Enjoy!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
timelessdreams said:
Hi PJT,

Like Rachel, we too are interested in land in the Punta Cana area. We have been searching for a lot approx 2 to 3,000sq meters to build a nice home, or if fortunate enough to find beachfront property for a business. We have seen Bavaro Beach and are interested in that area. Can you recommend where we may obtain more info with a reputable real estate agent? We would like to plan a 2-3 week stay to come down and visit what's available.
Can you tell us where Uvero Alto is or perhaps El Cortecito or Cabeza del Toro? The only realtor we were able to find is Camadosa in Bavaro but no one is returning our messages.

I have heard that most of the land in Bavaro is "free" land, and that the hotels will be scoffing them up, but can you tell me what th :disappoin at really means?

Thanks for your help.
Susie

Sorry for not getting back to you all sooner. PJT has been away from PC access, back in the states for a booster shot before returning to the island in June/July.

First, there is no such thing as "free" land, it all comes with a price. Don't expect real estate agents to get back to you, in practice you have to show up on their doorstep to get attention. The best advice PJT can offer is for you come on down and rent a car and visit as many real estate and development sites as possible, you are your own best judge of what you want. The sites you may want to get started on are: Cap Cana, Palmas Real, Residencial Costa Bavaro, and Pueblo Bavaro. The aforementioned locations run in price ranges of US dollars 20k to millions. There are many new sites and developments popping up every week that may fit your budget and tastes.

Ulvero Alto is about 30-40 min NW of the Bavaro area. El Cortecito is just to the west of the Melia properties and Cabeza de Toro is situated where the Allegro Resort has beach front. In the Bavaro/Punta Cana areas the resorts and developers have scoffed up most of the beachfront, not to say there is no land left, what is left is worth developing at high cost.

Regards, PJT