Thanks, One more question

nyc11

Apr 6, 2004
Thanks, you guys are great. You guys helped me make my mind. Boca Chica is out. Now for Cabarete and Sosua, which has a better night life. Should I stay in Sosua and travel to Cabarete for a night or should I stay in Cabarete and travel to Sosua for a night. What are the good clubs/bars to go to in both places. And the best hotel.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You should have replied to the original post

Vs. starting a new one or change the title to ask the question in THIS post, e.g. clubs and hotel recommendations in Sosua?

Oh, I see you cross posted by saying this in the original post ( Tip: don't quote Dale 7's entire 40,000 word reply) and started a whole new post here with a mystery title.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Cabarete vs Sosua nightlife

nyc11 said:
Thanks, you guys are great. You guys helped me make my mind. Boca Chica is out. Now for Cabarete and Sosua, which has a better night life. Should I stay in Sosua and travel to Cabarete for a night or should I stay in Cabarete and travel to Sosua for a night. What are the good clubs/bars to go to in both places. And the best hotel.

If you are looking to meet young sporty Gringas, then I would say Cabarete is the place to go. If you prefer meeting locals, Sosua is probably better, although both are good.
As for which is the best hotel or bar, personal preference makes it impossible to answer.
If you intend to bring guests home with you, you will need to be sure that your hotel is "guest friendly".
If you decide on Sosua, the Europa hotel is right in the heart of downtown, quite luxurious, inexpensive and guest friendly.
Marco.

while in Sosua

Be sure and stop in at Rocky's Blues Bar.

If Marco won't plug it I will..

? <font size="1"><i><font color="Navy">Wud <i>aka</i> </font></font><font size="6"><font color="Blue"><b><font face="Signature">Hlywud </font></b></font></font><i><font size="1"><font color="DarkRed">"If anybody wud Wud wud"</font></font></i></div>

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
This probably will upset some Sosua fans, but my opinion:
Sosua is for the old, Cabarete for the young.

If I remember from your earlier posts you are in your 20s - go to Cabarete.
In Sosua there is just one (1) bar, which you might like: Voodoo Lounge.

In Cabarete there are many, many bars, one after the other right on the beach, full with young people (Dominicans, residents, tourists), most of them playing music for the young crowd.

quaqualita

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
hahaha, this is getting to be a regular feature here. Some folks pitching Cabarete and some pitching Sosua. They are 10 minutes apart first of all.

I live in Sosua and go to Cabarete often. I personally have not much use for most of the places on the beach as they are terribly over priced. You pay as much or more for a bottle of water as you would for a beer in Sosua. The cambios there habitually give 2 pesos less for every dollar.

I enjoy Lax on the Beach and The Village Club on the main street across from the Micro Golf for Jazz. Live music usually starts at 9:30 or 10 pm and I have heard about the best Jazz I have ever heard there and I am from NY.

Check out both places when you get to the north coast as they both have something to offer.

Regards

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
quaqualita said:
This probably will upset some Sosua fans, but my opinion:
Sosua is for the old, Cabarete for the young.

Ha! Now I know why Alan, Scott, and Ken live in Sosua!! :p I also now know where to look for my retirement condo! ;)
John