Nanny/childcare

toosie

Apr 5, 2004
Looking to relocate to the dominican this September, wondering if anyone can help me, I am currently a nanny in Canada with experence in running a daycare as well. Was just wondering if people ever hire nannies in the country or if resorts look for people with my experience.

mami

Mar 16, 2004
nanny

toosie said:
Looking to relocate to the dominican this September, wondering if anyone can help me, I am currently a nanny in Canada with experence in running a daycare as well. Was just wondering if people ever hire nannies in the country or if resorts look for people with my experience.

it is quite cheap to get a nanny there. so it depends on the $

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
Dominicans are great with children and good babysitters are very easy and cheap to get. For 2000 Pesos or even less you can get here a very reliable full time Dominican Nanny. I don't think that this would be a market for a foreigner here.
If you go to the Sosua area, you might check out the private schools who also have nursery/pre-school, eg. international school or garden-kids (www.issosua.com , www.garden-kids.org ) . They might be interested to hire you.

quaqualita