Wild On ... Semana Santa. Party Suggestions for AZB.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
OK. Crunch time folks. AZB is headed to the North Coast, and trying to avoid anything but the light skinned Santiagueras expected to turn up their noses at us dark skinned, or severely tanned, North Coasters.

Any party suggestions? What wild plans do DR1'ers have for this wild weekend of fun? What's the craziest thing you've been a 'party' to for Semana Santa?

CCCccc won't be working the 'trenches' this weekend, he's doing the family thing. So it's up to us to liven up the place! Show these Dominicans how to have a real party! Did I ever post the story about coming back from the beach three years ago Semana Santa with a PRD caravan with my friends saluting the Hippo faithful from my car windows with a full moon salute and white toliet paper flags? No? OK. After I hear some of yours ...

Tom aka XR If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
For the women...

XanaduRanch said:
OK. Crunch time folks. AZB is headed to the North Coast, and trying to avoid anything but the light skinned Santiagueras expected to turn up their noses at us dark skinned, or severely tanned, North Coasters.

Any party suggestions? What wild plans do DR1'ers have for this wild weekend of fun? What's the craziest thing you've been a 'party' to for Semana Santa?

CCCccc won't be working the 'trenches' this weekend, he's doing the family thing. So it's up to us to liven up the place! Show these Dominicans how to have a real party! Did I ever post the story about coming back from the beach three years ago Semana Santa with a PRD caravan with my friends saluting the Hippo faithful from my car windows with a full moon salute and white toliet paper flags? No? OK. After I hear some of yours ...

Tom aka XR If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

This isn't exactly a party idea (but will inevitably come up if you are partying)....

This advice is most likely for tourists (especially the ladies) visiting during Semana Santa, or any other time for that matter, since I assume the locals and expats have already figured this one out. Make sure you ALWAYS carry tissue or toilet paper with you. I have lost track of the number of times in the DR when I have been at a colmado, disco, etc. and have had to go to the bathroom only to find out there is no toilet paper!!! Actually sometimes there isn't even a bathroom. This is the norm not the exception. Since most people tend to drink more during Semana Santa and since there will be 100x the people (God I wish religious holidays got celebrated like that in Canada), you don't want to find out the hard way - advice from someone who's been there!

AZB - have a drink for me. DISCLAIMER - this does not forfeit the night of free drinks you promised me for my next visit!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
LOL. You Party Animal You!

Fiesta Mama said:
Make sure you ALWAYS carry tissue or toilet paper with you.
And if you don't need it in the banyo, make sure you're wearing blue shorts, so you can drop your drawers, clench about 5 feet of a white paper streamer between your snowy globes, and salute the Bald Hippo's party on the way to your next party!

Tom aka XR 1 out of every 4 people is crazy. Check 3 friends. If they are OK, you're it.

P.S.
This party favor suggestion has been approved by both Martha Stewart Living and the New York State Parole Board.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Fiesta Mama said:
(God I wish religious holidays got celebrated like that in Canada)

What are you talking about? Some of us do that ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

From this weekend to about Oct. It's party party in my family.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Fiesta Mama said:
(God I wish religious holidays got celebrated like that in Canada)

What are you talking about? Some of us do that ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

From this weekend to about Oct. It's party party in my family.

Yes this is true - Canadians can party with the best of them - BUT I am talking about an all out street/beach/anything goes party like Semana Santa!!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You guys have me worried about the traffic jam and the parking in the beach area. I might park the car in scott's building and take a walk down the beach on foot. I will stay away from cabarete during the day and party there at night only. Now where can I find those white straight hair dominicanas in cabarete? Wish me luck.
'AZB

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
AZB said:
You guys have me worried about the traffic jam and the parking in the beach area. I might park the car in scott's building and take a walk down the beach on foot. I will stay away from cabarete during the day and party there at night only. Now where can I find those white straight hair dominicanas in cabarete? Wish me luck. AZB
I'm white, and I have straight hair. But I am not a Dominicana, and you are not my type.

Don't worry too much about Cabarete. If you want to go in the day, park at Neptuno, then just call me and we can go in what's left of our Jeep. Heck, we can even take Scotty if he wants to go. But I'll have a blindfoldalong. One word about my poor old car and ... ! Cristian can drive, no worry about parking, and he'll come back to pick us all up when we call back and are done partying. I mean it's hardly a 2004 Rolls-Royce. But hey! You're with us slobs on the North Coast for the weekend.

Tom aka XR My wife and I went to a hotel where we got a waterbed. My wife called it the Dead Sea.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Too bad you couldn't find some foundation (light beige) and hair colour (light brown) and apply to a BH (drop the U because of AZBs high standards, dress her up in one of Albas' sensible dresses, oh, I guess the foundation would have to cover her whole body, and introduce her to AZB as a visiting student from one of Santo Domingos' leading universities and see how far it gets!!!
Or was that just a plain stupid idea! Okay it was !!
I am just jealous because I can't be there to party during Semana Santa- and Tom, I don't think you can top the back of the jepetta mooning experience - that was just too funny!!!
Fiesta Mama had the toilet paper thing right, happens on a daily basis and would definitley be a problem during Semana Santa!!! Good thinking!!
Have fun in whatever you do, and have a few cold ones for me - I'll even have a few cold ones for you while I am out ice-fishing !!!!
Happy Easter!
Marlie