Hello everyone.. New DR1 member.

DominiRican

Apr 7, 2004
I've been lurking in this forum for about a month now, and I have to say it's incredibly useful and informative. I even liked the "why I hate DR" thread, it really brings things into perspective after reading postcard perfect descriptions of the country.

My mother is Dominican and my father is Puerto Rican. I've never left the US, but for some reason lately I've had some fascination for the DR. I think mostly because I want a sense of identity, being American doesn't seem to be enough for me anymore.

I look forward to engaging in some interesting conversations here, have a good day.

Last edited:
Welcome

Remember take some of the members comments with a grain of salt, they like to pull legs.

? <font size="1"><i><font color="Navy">Wud <i>aka</i> </font></font><font size="6"><font color="Blue"><b><font face="Signature">Hlywud </font></b></font></font><i><font size="1"><font color="DarkRed">"If anybody wud Wud wud"</font></font></i></div>

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
be proud

The beuaty of being american is that you bring your history and culture to the table. Desiring to look at the culture of your parents is an american thing. Be proud and learn as ,uch as you can. The only unamerican thing would be not to share your culture.
John

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Welcome!

DominiRican,

Welcome,

Estas muy bienvenido/a. I like your code name.Very creative! I am relatively new as well. I am not as active in every thread as others but I put my 2 cents when and where I can. Be strong because the people here can get quite challenging at times but you will learn a lot and also it's nice to share.

I'll hear from you on the board!

Sincerely,

Lesley D

DominiRican said:
I've been lurking in this forum for about a month now, and I have to say it's incredibly useful and informative. I even liked the "why I hate DR" thread, it really brings things into perspective after reading postcard perfect descriptions of the country.

My mother is Dominican and my father is Puerto Rican. I've never left the US, but for some reason lately I've had some fascination for the DR. I think mostly because I want a sense of identity, being American doesn't seem to be enough for me anymore.

I look forward to engaging in some interesting conversations here, have a good day.

DominiRican

Apr 7, 2004
Thanks for the kind welcoming. My aol screen name is DominiRicanUSA, just a warning in case someone buddy lists DominiRican because that's not me!

I hope to visit DR sometime in December to look at some property and to check out my mother's house (not entirely sure where it is, I'll have to ask her).

I appreciate the warnings and advice :p

I like what you have to say about the US, jsizemore, I'm very happy to be an American first and just interested in adding the DR as who I am, not to supplant what's already there.

If there are any gay members I would like to hear about that kind of lifestyle in DR via email or here if you wish, thanks!

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
DominiRican said:

I know exactly how you feel. You're doing the right thing in wanting to learn more about the DR. You'll definitely be happier and more fulfilled as you discover the wonders of that marvelous country.

Welcome aboard.

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
ten generations in america

My ancestry is German, Scots, French Lanape Indian, English and Welsh Imagine how rich my world would have been had the culture of my ancestors not been lost in the melting pot.
John

DominiRican

Apr 7, 2004
Yeah, I can see that kind of mixture would be difficult to delve into all of it. But I guess lots of people in this hemisphere have an incredibly diverse background. If I go back far enough I'm sure I'll find ancestors in Spain, west Africa, and native Caribbean. My mother actually traced her father side of the family back to the canary islands. I think I'll just stick with DR for now to play it simple :) I'm hoping to retire in 5 to 8 years, and buying property in DR now might be advantageous.

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
Welcome.

WELCOME, domini-babe, and may I say your are the finest girl I ever seen, see...ya later.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Welcome to the realm of misquoting, whining, lieing, blaming others, lambasting, mental diddling, name-calling, truth-stretching, truthful expressions, factual presentations, etc., etc.

Did I leave out anything, anyone???

You'll find these forums informative and mis-informative, but always entertaining.
Sometines in the lampooning sense, sometimes in the vitrolic sense, but always with perserverance.

Looking forward to your posts and insights into the Dominican background and history.

Welcome again!

Texas Bill

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Thanks T.B.!

Texas Bill said:
Welcome to the realm of misquoting, whining, lieing, blaming others, lambasting, mental diddling, name-calling, truth-stretching, truthful expressions, factual presentations, etc., etc.
Mental diddling? I love it! You nailed that one, and have had me giggling for 10 minutes!

Just for that I think I'll drop by Scotty's f?te on Sunday just to shake hands with a 'fellow' Texan!

Tom aka XR He who hesitates is probably a faster thinker than you.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
XanaduRanch said:
Mental diddling? I love it! You nailed that one, and have had me giggling for 10 minutes!

Just for that I think I'll drop by Scotty's f?te on Sunday just to shake hands with a 'fellow' Texan!

Tom aka XR He who hesitates is probably a faster thinker than you.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Also, he who hesitates usually gets his a** kicked!

Texas Bill