Thread: Inversores

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inversores

Today I got a quote from a local electrical contractor about installing an inverter in my two bedroom apartment. A Trace 1.2 Kw, two 6.0 volt Meteoro batteries and all the wiring and labor needed for installation. One year guarantee on everything. Price 23,000 pesos. Is this a reasonable price for what I am getting? Thanks for any suggestions.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't think so..

Check with Mr. Mike who posts here. His prices are wonderful!

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Meteoro batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by La Profe_1
    Check with Mr. Mike who posts here. His prices are wonderful!
    Trace inverters are great.
    Is the one you are buying brand new?
    Meteoro batteries are junk. It's like puting bicycle tires on your Cadillac.
    You could ask Mr.Mike, but I don't think they would last 1/3 the time that Trace batteries would.
    BTW. I don't remember a 1.2 K model made by Trace. I have seen 1 k models and 1.5's, but not 1.2's.
    Last edited by Rocky; 04-08-2004 at 02:49 AM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inversores

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Trace inverters are great.
    Is the one you are buying brand new?
    Meteoro batteries are junk. It's like puting bicycle tires on your Cadillac.
    You could ask Mr.Mike, but I don't think they would last 1/3 the time that Trace batteries would.
    BTW. I don't remember a 1.2 K model made by Trace. I have seen 1 k models and 1.5's, but not 1.2's.

He said he would supply a new one. I can get Trojan batteries, which would cost about 4,800 pesos each. He also mentioned that with a 1.5 I would need 4 batteries. Thanks, I will check with Mr.Mike.