Transportation between Cabarete and Sosua

nyc11

Apr 6, 2004
I know there is transportation between Cabarete and Sosua, How late does it run if I decide to go into Sousa for a night. I am probably going to stay at the Azzurro Club Estrella in Cabarete.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
nyc11 said:
I know there is transportation between Cabarete and Sosua, How late does it run if I decide to go into Sousa for a night. I am probably going to stay at the Azzurro Club Estrella in Cabarete.
gua guas, taxi's and motoconchos are your best bets. If you are a sexy woman I am a better bet!

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
You will be able to stay out until late and still get these forms of transport, i prefer not to use the motoconchos, but i am sure a ride on one would sober you up! :)

karuna

Feb 12, 2004
transport sosua cabarette

nyc11 said:

I just came back and travelled using gua guas between Sosua and Cabarette and Puerto Plata as well. But they dont seem to run late at night. Public taxis (cheap) or private (more expensive) are all over. Fins out ahead of time what the cost willl be.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
karuna said:
I just came back and travelled using gua guas between Sosua and Cabarette and Puerto Plata as well. But they dont seem to run late at night. Public taxis (cheap) or private (more expensive) are all over. Fins out ahead of time what the cost willl be.

If you will be travelling alone at night and since you are unfamiliar with the area, I would not take a motoconcho or gaugau at night. Get a public or private taxi (but just don't get ripped off). If you are travelling from POP to Sosua, it will cost about 300 - 400 pesos.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Just so you know, what is referred to as a moto concho is a motorcycle. In other words, you are the passenger on a motorcycle. There are lots of them around, but you would be foolish to take one between Cabarete and Sosua at any time of day, and especially at night.

There are public cars (publicos) that pass through Cabarete on their way to Soaua round the clock, but far fewer at night and no assurance that there will be room for you. Your best bet is a taxi if returning to your hotel at night from Sosua.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Hello,
don't worry of not getting back to Cabarete from Sosua at night. There are public taxis at the taxi stand opposite la Bomba in el Batey district of Sosua. Trouble is, they usually wait till the car is full (6) to get going which can take hours after midnight. Solution is to buy the 6 places yourself, you will still be better off than paying a private taxi. I have done it several times between POP and Sosua. If you paid the public taxi on the way to Sosua, you can figure out the price for 6. The ride in a public taxi should not cost more than 15 pesos per person. If you are new to the area and don't know the price, never ask the taxidriver for it, just give him what you think it will cost (not a lot), if it is not enough, he will surely tell you, if it is, he will assume you are a regular visitor or a gringo who lives there.
Other options are private taxis or motoconchos but I don't recommend the last ones at night, it's not very safe and the distance is too far to be comfortable. Have fun!