Bringing pet bird from the D.R. to the U.S.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Hello everyone.

Does anyone have any info. on how to bring a pet bird from the D.R. to the U.S.???

My brother is moving and he wants to bring his pet bird here. Any info. is greatly appreciated.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
El Tigre said:
Hello everyone.

Does anyone have any info. on how to bring a pet bird from the D.R. to the U.S.???

My brother is moving and he wants to bring his pet bird here. Any info. is greatly appreciated.
What kind of bird is it?
If it is one of the 2 native parrot species of the DR he is out of luck. Both are considered endangered and next to impossible to import to the US. It it is a species native to the DR He is probably out of luck. If it was a bird imported into the DR he can bring it to the US if it has all its papers but he must realize that it must pass quarantine in the US 60 days last time I checked.

Check with the US Dept of Agriculture first. Then to see if can be exported from the DR.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Failing that, another possibility is to stuff the bird up the sleeve of a loud, plaid sports jacket, while accompanied by a well-built rubia wearing a simple, low-cut dress and no jewellery.... Just don't go through the Customs line "manned" by an overweight, black female inspector, hehehe

BLACKMAN7

Apr 13, 2004
GringoCArlos said:
Failing that, another possibility is to stuff the bird up the sleeve of a loud, plaid sports jacket, while accompanied by a well-built rubia wearing a simple, low-cut dress and no jewellery.... Just don't go through the Customs line "manned" by an overweight, black female inspector, hehehe

god forbif she is black huh

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Overweight huh?

Why discriminate against "Overweight" people.We have suffered social injustice for centuries! I demand That "Overweight" people get into college without the same qualifications as "Thin" people!!!! We Fat people demand reparations! We need more money to eat! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :laugh: :laugh: :lick: :rolleyes:

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
Link to U.S. Government site

El Tigre said:
Hello everyone.

This web site will help you with the USA requirements for importing a pet bird. I don't know about the Dominican regulations for allowing the export.

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/NCIE/importing.html#birds